Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Mindless chit chat

This has been the first week in three weeks that I haven't had someone to hang out with morning, noon and night.  I miss it the most at night, when most everyone else is sleeping.  Although, I do have more time to get things done around the house.  Whereas when my husband was home, I felt like I needed to spend time with him.  Plus, it's hard to get motivated to clean when your significant other gets to watch tv.  I'm shocked I didn't put on a ton of weight with all the food we've been eating.  Late night snacks are always out around here when he's on vacation. 

We've been having internet problems for about a week now so I think it's time to call ATT out here already.  One day, we had no home phone because they were putting in high speed internet at the neighbors house.  The next day, we had frequent internet outings.  One minute you could get online and the next, the router was in the red.  I'm not usually allowed to make the phone calls to the companies that service us.  My husband, more times than not, is able to be calm and understanding.  I, on the other hand, feel like if I'm paying for a service to work everyday, then it should work and when there's a problem, someone better get to fixing it asap, not when a technician is available.  I try to be nice to the person on the end of the phone, as it's not their fault, it's just their job to answer the phones and deal with people like me.  However, if they are unfriendly or I feel like I'm not getting anywhere, I ask for a manager and then I become a little more snippy.  We figured the problem would be taken care of by now as the ATT guys had been out here quite a few times in the last two weeks.  No such luck.  My husband is going to have his chance to talk to them and if nothing changes, I'll be calling.

I guess I don't have really too much interesting to write about on here right now.  My brain is stuck on the bills that have to go out this weekend and how much will be left over after everything is paid.  I guess I'll go figure that out and maybe have more to say later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so far behind in my reading and/or commenting.  I feel like you do, if I am paying for something it damn well better work and work good!  Hope you are feeling better these days.  Off to read your other entries.
xxx
Lisa

Anonymous said...

If the internet is out, ask them for a credit if its their fault.  I had a bad modem when mine was screwed up and they sent me a new one..  Linda