Thursday, July 31, 2008

Stressed

My house has been a nightmare since Jake and Minka have been indoors.  I've just been putting off going out to the cat house.  I don't even want to be in there.  Jake is driving the other animals completely insane and hell, the humans as well.  The first night he was indoors, I was in the bathroom, getting ready to step into the bathtub to rinse off my feet (I never wear shoes in the summer and my feet get dirty).  The second I stepped onto the bathmat, which he apparently has dubbed his new girlfriend, he full out attacked my foot and bit through the skin.  Now if you'll recall, this is the same cat that bit me the last time I let him indoors and he caused a pretty nasty infection from that bite.  I don't to be on any unnecessary drugs while I'm pregnant so I washed my foot for what seemed like an hour to make sure I got all the nasty cat saliva out.  If any of the cats dares to move from their hiding spots, he attacks them.  I'm talking fur flying attacks.  Thus, the cats don't leave their spots unless they're really hungry or really thirsty.  Note, I didn't say anything about leaving their spots to potty.  Yeah, I'd say it's time for the outdoor cats to go back outdoors.  The first night, I let my flame point siamese, Isaiah sleep in bed with me.  I normally don't do that because he has asthma and breathes fairly loudly and he can't get out of the bedroom without waking me up.  I can't say I blame him for holding it all night till I got up and put him in the litter box.  One night, Jasmine decided to be a brat and shove little Jakey onto the floor from the arm of the couch.  Jake grabbed onto the only thing available to keep from falling, both sides of Jasmine face.  Minka has left numerous scratches on Jasmine.  (most of which are Jasmine's fault)  The kid looks like she was attacked by a mountain lion.  This little orange cat is turning my house upside down.

Jasmine has been a major brat the last week or so.  Just intentionally doing things she KNOWS she'll get into trouble for.  Pouring her juice onto the table so her toys can play in the puddles has been a big one.  Throwing her toys just to throw them.  Nothing seems to be getting through to her.  I decided today that I'd just work on spending some time doing things with her today, thinking maybe she just wanted the attention.  But here we are and she's still being awful.  It's left me stressed out during the day, which has my husband looking at me like I'm the bitch from hell.  Even after I told him every night this week I went to be wanting to cry.  It makes you feel like a crappy parent when your kid keeps misbehaving and nothing you do seems to make a difference.  So when the dog came in muddy as hell, and I asked him to take her outside (HIS dog), I didn't want a shitty response.  Sometimes, I expect him to do a little more than usual because I know what I'll have to deal with after he goes to bed and would like to relax while I can. 

Last night I went in the kittens room to check on them one last time.  (they haven't been allowed out in the house because Jake would maul one of them)  I noticed a small puddle next to the litter box.  My kittens don't have an enclosed box, just a standard cheapo one.  Someone missed the box and thank god they did.  The urine was full of blood.  I contacted the rescue to get a vet appointment but we still have to find out which kitten is doing it.  Not an easy task if you ask me.  When a cat pees on cat litter, you can't tell what color it is.  I might try getting some litter crystals and using that to find out who is having the problem.  That's what we always used at the vet's office to collect urine samples from cats.  (the crystals don't absorb anything)  Ugh, I'm going to take a hot shower and hope to burn away some of this stress. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes when the kids and animals are being well.. animals it makes life Hell.  And when hubbies act like its all your fault it doesn't help...  Grrrrrrrr!