Monday, July 7, 2008

Long weekend

It's been a long weekend.  I think all the stress from the week before had me kind of blogged out.  Every night I would tell myself I would get something out there and every night I put it off and went to bed.  Friday was one of the best days I've had in a really, really long time.  I woke up and was ready to leave within a half hour.  I went up to Old Navy (by myself!!!  Shawn watched Jasmine... Oh heaven...) and picked out two maternity tee's and a shirt for Jasmine since they were 75% off.  I'm just not comfortable wearing anything tight fitting right now as I still feel like I just look like I put on fat weight and not pregnant weight.  On the way home, I had the radio up, and the windows down.  I was thinking I'm in a such a good mood that I just KNOW something is going to ruin it.  It happens every single time I'm having a good day, but not that day.  I whipped up some brownies to make at my mom's and headed in that direction.  (the brownies left something to be desired... more chocolate I think)  We cooked out on the grill and my uncle was there when I got there.  Everyone pitched in at least $25 for fireworks the week before.  Eventually my cousin and his girlfriend showed up.  She's nice but a little on the... let's call it blonde side.  Normally, I get uptight when the boys take control of things.  Especially when those things cost me a great deal more money than it did them.  I was fine though.  They lit everything off and I could've cared less in the order in which they were doing it.  I'm a control freak and want things to be done my way.  It was just a really good, relaxing day.  I wish every day was like that or even close.

Saturday we didn't do much.  Shawn had his co-workers little boat so we took that out on one of the lakes.  I've actually never been on a boat and I get pretty seasick in the ocean (not for hours AFTER I've gotten out of the water though) and was worried that I wouldn't make it far into the water before we had to go back.  The lake we were on, you couldn't use a motor unless it was battery operated so it was slow going.  I had my feet in the water almost the entire time.  The fish were jumping pretty close to the boat and I was getting concerned that they would mistake me for bait.  I'm sure it would've given me a jolt.  We just putted around the lake for a while and looked at the geese.  Once we got back to shore, I noticed the goose that was there when we went out, was still there and he was still panting heavily.  I don't like geese.  I'm actually pretty scared of them.  You wouldn't think they would really be able to injure you since they have no teeth but their wings really hurt and I've had them come after me on more than one occasion.  I eventually emptied out my drink, filled it with water and slowly made my way over to Mr. Goose.  He got up and walked away and that's when I realized he probably had a broken leg.  Poor thing.  There wasn't much I could do about it though.  We ended the night by watching a movie.  Another fairly relaxing day.

Sunday, I got very little sleep.  It never goes well for everyone around me when I am sleep deprived.  We had to be at my dad's to do Jasmine's birthday stuff and eat.  I cut it pretty short.  I was just too tired to sit around make idle chit-chat.  We went home and tried to get the pool set up that we borrowed from my mom.  Once we got the water going, we went out for some dinner.  When we got back, I decided that there was no way the pool would stay standing where it was.  The ground was just too slanted in that area and it would've spilled over.  We moved it after draining 3 hours worth of water out of it.  We had to get up at 6am the next morning and since it was already getting late, we decided just to let the hose go the night and we'd turn it off in the morning.  I had major issues getting Jasmine to stay asleep due to a thunderstorm so around 2am, I got up to check the water level.  Good thing I did too as it was very full.  Jasmine didn't fall asleep till around 3:30am.  We were going with my mom, brother and his girlfriend hiking down in central Indiana for the day.  Of course, Jasmine didn't sleep the entire way there, meaning I didn't either.  I was going on about six hours sleep for two days.  We stopped for lunch when we were about ten minutes away from the park and that's when she decided to pass out.  *sigh* We walked one trail and then came home.  My brother's girlfriend fell on the stairs and busted her leg up and I don't think anyone was up for another trail.  (they take a few hours each to complete and are pretty rugged, particularly with the amount of rain we've had in recent months)  Now we're up to date on everything.  ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was delighted to hear things finally calmed down for you hon. I'm doing a few major repairs on my home, so getting away and escaping seems to be farther in the horizon than I would like. Your in my thoughts dear friend. (Hugs)Indigo