Thursday, March 3, 2005

Need Info On Parrot Fish??

We recently bought two new fish from Walmart.  It was an impulse buy and we usually don't buy any animals from Walmart because they take horrible care of them.  The fish are called (at least at the store) Parrot Fish.  When I do a search on them all I find is saltwater fish and another fish Blood Red Parrot fish and are clearly not the fish I bought.  The fish in my tank are completely white with a slight pink tint.   I think they're somehow related to the cichlid family just because of the way they are shaped.  The larger of the two is extremely mean and if I wouldn't feel horrible about it, I would've flushed him by now.  Damn animal loving upbringing.  He/She has killed a tetra that I'd had for three years and is now working on the other parrot fish and a cat fish.  I REALLY don't want to set up a whole other tank just for this one fish but I also don't want him to kill everything in this tank.  I just wish I could find something about them.  So if anyone has had a fish like this or seen them before and knows anything about them, could you let me know?  Kas, you rescue mean fish?  LOL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, we rescue anything.   LOL