Tuesday, August 5, 2008

More of the same

A few days ago, the final rat, Toby died.  I told my husband a few weeks ago that I didn't think he had much time left.  I have no plans on adopting anymore for quite a while.  There's just too much going on around here and in a few months, it's only going to get more hectic.

I've had a lot of headaches over the last few weeks.  It's to the point that I plan on saying something at my next OB appointment on the 18th.  There's only been a few days where I have been completely headache free in over a month.  Today was one of the worst ones.  I woke up with a little headache but hoped it would ease after I got up.  Once we started eating dinner, it suddenly got really bad, to the point that I couldn't eat anymore.  It was one of the worst headaches I've had in a long time and then it was suddenly gone and I felt completely drained.  Over the last hour, I've started to feel a little less like my muscle's are made of jello.  If that happens again, I will most likely call the doctor's office as it was certainly not normal. 

I'm down to two foster kittens.  They both appear healthy so I don't believe either one of them was the one with the infection, although I haven't heard if the other two are fine so who knows.  It's been nice having to only deal with the two of them.  The litter box if much cleaner that's for sure.  I also tossed Minka and Jake back outside.  It was just too much to deal with.  I was planning on redoing their outdoor enclosure while they were inside but there weren't any days while they were in here that would've worked.

Last night we spent about an hour in the basement.  There were tornado warnings.  Usually around here I don't take them too seriously but for whatever reason, this time we decided the storm looked pretty bad.  We were only able to take one dog down with us.  I didn't want to spend too much time dragging animals down the stairs and I didn't figure the storm would produce a tornado, I just wanted to be on the safe side.  We took Mia and it was an ordeal.  She cried like I was beating her when I tried to get her to godownstairs and eventually, my husband had to come back up and push her slowly down the steps.  She cried the entire way.  She was fine once she reached the bottom of the stairs.  Getting Mia to go back up the stairs, was not a problem luckily.  The storms didn't do much damage at my house, although I know a little further west they had some downed trees and one person was killed from a tree falling on his car.  

 

No comments: