Wednesday, August 6, 2008

House Guests

On the 21st, we have one of our closest friends flying up from Kentucky.  He was planning on coming up next week but is having car trouble so he decided just to take a plane.  It gives me an extra week to get this house spotless.  The only room that is going to give me trouble is the room he's going to be using to sleep in.  We basically use it as our closet and it looks like a teenage girls room... clothes are everywhere.  I don't know where we're going to put it all at.  We are just so unorganized.  He'll be up here for a full week.  *gasp*  I've never had someone at the house for a full week.  As a matter of fact, Paul is the only person that has ever stayed here and it was never for more than a weekend.  I'm flipping out trying to figure out what I'm going to do with him while my husband is at work.  I'm not very good at entertaining people.  I'm either doing one of the following, playing on the computer, reading, playing with Jasmine or cleaning the house.  He's also bringing his teacup chichi.  How am I going to keep my dogs from eating her?  I'm most concerned with Cash, the doberman.  Even if he were only playing, he could seriously hurt her.  But he tends to get bitchy and go after the larger dogs.  He normally only leaves scratches on them and no really gets hurt but a chichi would be crushed.  *sigh, sigh, sigh*  If I'm panicking now, imagine how I'll be the day we pick him up from the airport.  At least he'll have my husband through the weekend.  I just don't want him to be miserable the entire time he's here.  The last time he was up, I didn't want him to leave because we had such a good time so maybe I'm just freaking out for no reason.  I'll be a cleaning freak for a few weeks and be trying to find things to do with him. 

Our house guest with Jasmine when she was itty bitty and when he had a few less piercings, yes I said less.  :)

No comments: