Saturday, August 30, 2008

Past and Future

Usually my mom and I spend our Fridays together but she had plans with a friend yesterday so we opted for all day Saturday instead.  She shopped, I walked.  ;)  Jasmine came home with a few new outfits for fall.  I bought my wedge thing for my ever growing belly.  Mom also bought me a pair of black maternity pants (that are super comfortable, I want to wear them all the time but dress pants and a t-shirt just don't go well together!) and a large wrap sweater that I've been wanting.  I get chilly a lot but I'm not consistently cold enough to warrant having a long sleeved warm shirt on so this sweater will save me from occasionally either freezing or overheating. 

Tomorrow we're heading for the Blueberry festival for the day.  I only started going to this festival last year as I heard they had some great fireworks.  They forgot to mention that the thing is huge and you can spend hours just browsing.  Unfortunately it's going to be almost 90 tomorrow!  Not only will I be extremely hot but large crowds make me grumpy, as does the heat.  Hopefully I can keep my inner grump under control and enjoy all the knickknacks there are to look at. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jamie, hope the Blueberry Festival isn't too crazy! I stopped going years ago--I just can't handle the crowds--and my parents don't go anymore, either, even though they live in the area. It might not be as bad this year--my Mom was telling me that my uncle who manages a campground nearby told her that their bookings are WAY down. Usually they're packed full this weekend, but not this year. I think people just aren't traveling as much.

Enjoy the fireworks!

Beth