Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Sweety

I didn't post this yesterday because I wanted my mom to hear it from me and not read it on here.  When I came home last night, I found my nine year old cat, Sweety had died.  I have absolutely no idea what could have happened.  The last few days she has acted completely normal.  Nothing out of the ordinary aside from her hair looked a little greasy.  It's really frustrating to have no idea as to what could have happened and had no warning ahead of time.  She was a really good cat.  Never went potty anywhere but in her litter box, no matter what.  She never got on the counters, except while the mean cat, Jake was inside and that was so that she could hide from him.  (and I let her while he was in the house)  Her worst habit was that she occasionally chewed on wires, particularly those that went on the Christmas tree.  She was the most submissive of all my cats, preferring to run, rather than fight.  When we moved into this house, we had seven healthy cats, now we have four cats.  None of my cats that have died were over the age of nine and everyone has their shots.  The other odd thing is that all the cats that died were related.  Polar Bear and Gremlin were the babies of Sweety.  The only remaining "baby" (he's now either seven or eight) is Isaiah, my flame point siamese.  I really hope it's not something genetic as Izzy is the first cat I really bonded with after my cat Tyler died several years before we moved out of my mom's house and it would be particularly hard on me if something were to happen to him.  I almost feel like I'm to blame even though my reasoning is ridiculous.  I had been thinking it would be so much easier if we didn't have so many animals when this baby is born.  I can't help but feel a little guilty for thinking that now. 

 

Sweety always being a mother, even to a species confused doberman puppy.

Ok, so I guess this proves that she got on the counter occasionally.

This was her favorite place to sleep. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, Jamie, I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty. Losing a pet is never easy, and she sounds like she was appropriately named.

:(

Beth

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Sweety hon. It's never easy losing any of them. Your in my thoughts dear friend. (Hugs)Indigo

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about your loss, she seemed like a really nice cat.

Anonymous said...

Oh Rest in Peace Sweety, she was gorgeous.  I'm so sorry you lost your little Sweety.
xxx
Lisa