Monday, April 7, 2008

I was Tagged

Rules

1. The rules of the game

2. Each player answers questions about themselves.

3. At the end of the post the player then tags 5 people, and posts their names, goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment letting them know they've been tagged.

 

Questions

1. WHAT WHERE YOU DOING TEN YEARS AGO

Let's see, ten years ago, I would've been fifteen so it was actually one of the worst years of my life.  It was actually this month ten years ago that I almost killed myself and have the scars to prove it.  Funny, it's the first time I've realized that.  This coming summer ten years ago was also the summer that I met my husband.  We dated for a month and didn't speak again for a year afterwards.

2. WHAT ARE 5 THINGS ON MY TO-DO  LIST TODAY

Well, my day is done so I'll just try and think of five things I need to do.

Make a list of things for my little vacation to Ohio this weekend. 

Begin packing things on said list.

Take Rodeo back to the vet to have his staples removed.

Start on my fundraising project for the rescue.

When I get home:

I am currently home.  But when I come home, I typically let the dogs out and feed them.

3. SNACKS I ENJOY

I don't eat a lot of snacks to be honest.  I like chocolate occasionally as well as my homemade cookies. 

4. WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOU WERE A BILLIONAIRE?

Wow, that's a question that I could go on and on about for hours.  It's something I daydream about occasionally.  First, I would buy a huge plot of land in the school zone of my choosing.  At least 300 acres.  I would build a gorgeous house on it.  It would have the look of an old farm house on the outside but be state of the art on the inside and completely green friendly.  The back of the house leading to the backyard would be specifically for the dogs.  There would be large kennels with Kuranda beds.  The floors would be heated and cooled.  There would be a drain in the middle of the room as well as at the back of each kennel for easy cleaning.  I would use this room for days when it's nasty out and the dogs paws were muddy.  The backyard would be at least two acres fenced for the dogs.  I would build a barn where I would house unwanted mini horses and mini donkeys as well as various other unwanted farm animals.  (pigs, chickens, ducks, sheep, cows, goats... etc)  I would also employ people to care for these areas and I would hire trainers to help the abused animals learn to love again.  On this same plot of land would be a house built for my mom.  Next to that house, would be a smaller house for my grandma.  (smaller so she doesn't have to worry about cleaning it)  Both would be green friendly and state of the art.  They would be allowed to do whatever they wanted with their homes and the land.  Somewhere I would build my brother a house as well.  Although I think I would have to put it out of seeing distance from my own house, otherwise I'd be watching everything he was doing.  He is my little brother after all.  That is just a small part of what I would do with the money.  Obviously a great deal of it would go towards our rescue organization as well as my own rescue efforts.  I think I'd put forth a lot of money to try and help save animals that are on the endangered species list, especially those that are nearing extinction.  Money towards cancer research, Alzheimer, and several others.

5. BAD HABITS

My expensive coffee from Gloria Jeans

Biting my lip

6. 5 PLACES I HAVE LIVED

South Bend, IN

New Carlisle, IN

Evansville, IN

7. 5 JOBS I'VE HAD

McDonald's

Hobby Store

Veterinary Assistant

Fulltime Mommy

5 people I want to know about:

I know that I am supposed to tag five other people here but I am going to take this a different direction. 

My uncle Jeff - I feel so close to him, yet I don't even know what music he listens to.

My grandpa who is no longer with us - so many questions I never got to ask

My grandma - I don't want unanswered questions or regrets with her later

My uncle Perry - He's the most quiet one out of our family.  I know little about him other than who he is as a person. 

My daughter - I can't wait to learn everything there is to know about her as she grows up.  Hopefully not too fast.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love what you did with the people you would like to know more about - that is totally cool.  I can see you have put alot of thought on how you would like things to be if you were to be able to do it.  Love the heated & cooled floor ideas and the environmentally friendly tone too!  Yikes, you were only 15 ten years ago!!!  You made me feel soooooooooooo old!!!  I am exactly 20 years older than you, you could my daughter :o  

Great answers Jamie, you are a deep thinker and I love that about you - among your other good qualities too!
xx
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I've read three of these now -- very enlightening!

Russ