Monday, April 21, 2008

Idle thoughts

I think I might go shopping tomorrow.  Don't know that I'll actually buy anything but I still consider it shopping.  I'm bored and when I get bored, I want to spend money.  Bad habit I suppose.  I should start taking things to the basement from the spare bedroom so I can get ready for the spring rush of kittens.  Cleaning and storing things just doesn't sound like a fun way to cure boredom.  Who knows, maybe by morning I won't want to go anywhere any ways.

It's kind of nice having a little dog around the house.  He's sleeping on the bed and doesn't take up the whole thing.  I think my favorite foster will always be Doodle.  It might be because she was my first but I think it was just her in general.  She's a nice dog with a great personality.  I don't know that I would've kept her if I didn't have all my other dogs just because I wouldn't be sure if I was keeping her for the right reasons since she was my first foster.  I think I'll get to see Princess at least one last time this weekend.  She needs one last set of shots and I told them a few weeks ago that if they brought her with them that I'd give it to her.  I'm not sure if they'll remember though because most of the time, I can't remember that far back.  I think she got a really good home, despite the initial setbacks they had.  It showed a lot that they were willing to work with her AND call me back to tell me they'd changed their mind.  It's not easy to admit you've made a mistake, even if by admitting it, you've made everyone happier.  I'm not sure what's going on with Zoey.  I didn't have anything to do with her going on a home visit.  She was with my director at the time and she made the decision that it was a good placement.  I can't imagine how those people are handling her as she's way on the crazy side of an aussie.  The dog never stops moving and these people have never owned a herding breed before.  I can't believe they haven't called begging us to take her back.  What's funny is I have this little almost perfect fluff ball at the end of my bed that no one seems to want.  He was adopted once and the guy decided within a week that he didn't want to deal with walking the dog anymore so he just dropped him off at the humane society.  We had a hell of a time getting him out of there.  We haven't had much interest in him since then either.  I don't mind having him around.  He's small and easy to handle.  I just wish Jasmine would realize that not all dogs like to be rough housed with and Kasey is definitely one of those that doesn't.  He bit her twice today (nothing that broke the skin or even came close) and bit me once.  We both deserved it.  I was testing him to see how much I could push him before he would or could bite and Jasmine was just being... Jasmine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my newest beagle is 7 months old and drives my DH and i crazy.....he is into EVERYTHING!! He has the sweetest eyes and is SO lovable.....he looks at you with those eyes and then goes and eats the shoes and hats. lol.  Cleaning and/or moving things around is not all that much fun so shopping sounds like much more fun.
Love reading about your animals.

lisa

Anonymous said...

Maybe the folks with Zoey will just be committed to making it work - we can hope.  Look what we (you &I) have gone through with animals just to make it work.  It's nice to think there are other people out there like that.  I would like a small dog sometime ~ I would dress it up.  (Kidding!)  ;)
xxx
Lisa