Sunday, April 4, 2004

Always at Work

Last night was a long one. A friend of mine got into a fight and then came over to the house bloody and bruised. I'm the peace keeper around here. I try to calm the boys down with they get out of hand and lecture them the gentlest way possible when they need it. I just hope that boy stays out of trouble for a while. Mickey has always been the kid that was getting into fights and trouble. He's always been the one I have to worry about the most.

The dogs got into a fight again today while me and DH were helping our friends move. I got the phone message after I'd been "working," I'll explain that in a second. My mom was letting everyone outside when August went crazy and attacked poor Mia again. She's got quite a few bite marks and one bit punture wound. For now, it's keep it clean and make sure there's no sign of infection. We're house sitting tonight and will be taking Mia with us. Now onto the other story. While we were helping out friends move, they told us the previous owner had asked if they could leave their dog with them. They said yes, he's a sweet rotti with a great personality. Besides that, my friends were worried the people would just have him put down if they said no. He's obviously had a broken leg that was never properly cared for. He limps on his rear leg. The other thing is, I was told there was a cat somewhere on the land. (20 acres) While we were in the garage, I heard a meowing and eventually got a female black calico to come to me. The first thing I noticed was she had two collars on, one regular collar and one flea. They were both on there so tight, I'm surprised she could ever breath. The regular collar had cut into her throat a bit. We ended up cutting them both off of her. The people still insist they don't have a cat, even though there was kitty litter in the garage, along with cat toys and cat bowls. But they don't have a cat right? I hate people sometimes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh poor kitty! Thanks for fixin her up! Lisa