Friday, April 2, 2004

ARGH

My best friend in the whole world, or so I thought, is in the air force. He's currently in West Virginia. The last time I saw him was almost a year ago, June of last year. I've been trying to get a hold of him all that time. I've tried calling, emailing, everything but every means of getting a hold of him, has failed. His phone number had been changed, his email was no longer in service, blah blah blah. Now, this happens quite often with all of my military friends. They're constantly changing phone numbers and email but they usually call or email with new numbers and addresses, etc. Now, all this time, I'm wondering if my so called friend is alive and well or if he's been sent off to Iraq like the rest of my military friends. I get an email today from this friend. All the email says is "Stephy and baby" and there's an attachment. I download for what seems like forever and once the attached pictures are opened, it's been like ten minutes. Once I open these pictures, I am furious. Since the last time I spoke with said friend, they have become pregnant and have a kid. The pictures were of him and the baby. Now, tell me, in ten months, don't you think you'd call or write your best friend and tell them you're going to be a daddy? Much to DH's dismay, I emailed friend back and bitched him out about what a shitty friend he's been and how thoughtless he is. I mean, he didn't even say if it was a boy or girl, no name nothing at all. Just the attachment. DH frequently disagrees with my deciscions but this is my friend, my problem and I'll bitch him out of it if I want to. I told him congrats and goodbye pretty much. I seem to choose the worst friends. All my past friends have backstabbed me, lied to me, etc. The only "friend" I have now is a girl who has backstabbed, lied and done more. I told my mom today, at least I know not to expect any surprises from her. I KNOW she'll backstab and lie. The worst she could do now is be a good friend. LOL Oh well, Maybe in a few hours I'll be a little less bitter about it all. For now though, it IS my party and I will cry, whine and bitch if I want to.

No comments: