Sunday, April 18, 2004

Puppy Sitting

Casey is doing a little better today. The other pup is still about the same. This morning, Casey ate a small amount of rice and drank some water on her own. That's a really good sign though. No one else has gotten sick as of yet. I'm still puppy sitting. She'll be here until I don't know when. I don't mind having her. We went through almost a whole roll of paper towel today. That dog pees more in a day than I do in a week. And then she has to poop a good five times. She was playing nonstop from 6am to 6pm. I thought she would never go to sleep. I've never seen a puppy that active. DH's dog that is almost a year, slept a lot when she was a puppy. She played too but never like this one. Everyone thinks she's a fun little addition. I definitely miss my little Keifer though. Poor baby. I just hope the rest of them make it and no one else gets sick.

It's been pretty windy here today. Makes doing anything a little more difficult. Walking to the barn is a chore. You basically have to do it blind. Either you have hair in your eyes or dirt. The dogs didn't seem to mind it though. It got a little fresh air in the house that's for sure. I forgot to mention, we got three ball python's in yesterday as well. They're about three feet and in great shape. They're gorgeous snakes. They've obviously been handled quite regularly too. There's not many at the rescue that find them as attractive as I do. There's more cute and cuddly animal lovers out there than the ones that like the cold blooded reptiles.

No comments: