Friday, April 23, 2004

Same ole, same ole

Just a quick entry before I go to bed tonight. April's last remaining sibling, Killian, died on Tuesday. On Saturday April will be officially parvo free. Someone reported the shelter to the county. We're not exactly sure what for. The guy told us we had to do some landscaping work and rake up the leaves. As if we don't have better things to do. So one of our very sweet volunteers, went and got a bunch of landscaping supplies and made us look a little nicer. Hopefully it'll be enough to get these idiots off our backs. People really need to get a life. I really don't see what reason anyone had to call on us for but that's my opinion. Tomorrow April will be getting a really good bath. Just want to be sure there's no parvo anywhere on her body from her brother and sisters. I didn't do it sooner because I didn't want her to be wet and then end up getting sick. I figured it was just best to put it off until I was fairly certain that she was healthy. I still don't want to give her back. I don't think that is going to change. I love her. Even if she is one of the stupidest puppies I've ever seen. LOL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's beyond me why someone would complain about the shelter like that.  All the good work you do, you should be given an award, not a citation for what the yard looks like!  Thank God for volunteers who care about what you are doing.  I'm sorry for the puppies who didn't make it, thats heartbreaking news.  ~lila~