Wednesday, April 14, 2004

SSDD

Today was fun... NOT. I woke up, thinking, I should NOT go to work today... what did I do though? I went to work. I thought, you just don't want to go because you're being lazy, you should go and see the new puppies we just go in, you'll have fun. Yeah, fun couldn't be farther from the word used to describe work today. It started out fine. We were building a puppy pen and making it escape proof. Easy enough. After that though, we went to bring the puppies outside to play. I first brought out Peanut first, a 8 year old purebred boxer. (ok so the puppy pen isn't JUST for the puppies, we're putting the dogs in that pen that don't get along with anyone else as well) Luke, took Peanut out once I got her to the door so I went to grab another dog. I took Skipper out, a beagle mix of almost a year. Easy enough. I then go to grab Lucy, a Schipperke of unknown age. She's usually a little high strung so the following events should have been avoided, had I been paying attention to her. She jumped from her crate, and I caught her in mid-air. She then started acting crazy, trying to bite me however possible. I managed to get her to the door before I got the first bite, on my right shoulder. It's not bad, just a bruise and some puntures. I got her out the door and just as I was about to hand her to the shelter owner, she bit my hand twice. Not too bad as far as blood and stuff goes but I'm bruised up quite nicely. Did I stand around bitching and moaning? Maybe for a second. But I went right back to bringing out the puppies. After everyone was outside, I played with the puppies and made nice with Lucy. After a while, I noticed one of the puppies hadn't moved from the place I had put her. She very likely has parvo. I brought her in the house and we gave her two doses of ParvoGuard. She'll probably need to be taken to the vet in the morning, as she wasn't bouncing back as she should have. An hour or so goes by and suddenly, there's a puppy loose. So I spent the day carrying Keefer, a keeshound mix, around with me. BUT the goats got loose in the neighbors yard, so I put little Keefer back in his pen and rushed to the aid of the other volunteers. Only, to have Keefer, once again loose with the big mean dogs. Grab Keefer, get the goats back in the pen and make sure they can't get back out. A little while longer goes by... and one of the dogs is loose. That was an easy one though. She came right to us. Oh yeah, and earlier in the day, shortly after Lucy bit me, Macy, a border collie mix, jumped the fence into the pasture and was terrorizing the barn yard animals. It was one hell of a day. I'm tired, sore and just want to sleep for a year... but I can't, I have to get up to go to the BMV in the morning and then it's back to the shelter... maybe, if I'm not completely miserable by then. We also have a prego cat at the shelter that is about to give birth any day now. That should be interesting, considering I'm the only person to deliver kittens ever. Yes, life is about to get "interesting" again. I still have to do my own animal stuff yet tonight and I really just want to go to sleep! And by the way, in no way shape or form to I blame the dog for biting me. Well, at the time I did but now I don't. I always believe that if you ever get bit by any animal, it's the humans fault, not the animal. I knew Lucy's temperment and should've known better than to just pull her out of the cage like she was any other dog. The pic I'm going to try and put on here is a picture of what a Schipperke looks like. Hope everyone else is having a better day at work than I had.

I forgot something... I can't believe I forgot this! When I got home, my brother was on the internet and he called me to the computer room. Someone was on my screen name but there was no way it was me. Come to find out, someone stole my password and was using my screen name right then! I had to go through all kinds of BS to fix and the worst part is, I had to change my password, the same password I've had for at least 6 years. You can bet that I bitched out my hackers from my brother's name and procceeded to prevent them from sending or recieving IM's from my name. I was sooooooo mad. After the day I had, I had to come home and deal with that shit. Do you ever feel like the world is against you some days?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

an animal rescuer..my kind of person...gr8 journal...and i agree
http://journals.aol.com/bernmilo/WAYNEATOPICTURES
SSDD dudditz?
http://journals.aol.com/bernmilo/WAYNEATOPICTURES

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to commend you for the job you do.  Both of my dogs were rescued, one from a breeder who was taking the mixed breed puppies to the shelter and the baby from the shelter.  I do hope you got the hacker problem solved.