Thursday, April 29, 2004

Just another Day

DH went and got himself (well I guess got us) a new car. It's a '99 Grand AM. It's silver. Pretty  nice too. I drove it tonight and everything felt good except the steering wheel felt a little tilted. Maybe I'm just used to my mom's Tarus. You can drive down the road with that thing and stay straight without ever touching the steering wheel. I'll be driving that baby to work soon. hehe

The boys all behaved today. Didn't have any problems. It was a quiet day, thankfully. I stayed at Danny's anyways for the day. I'll like to know what's going on and be there if something does happen.

Got a phone call this morning. Me and my mom's friends are on their way to our house. The humane society was called on them for their dogs barking at night. The people that called claimed they had 16-18 dogs (they have six, four of which are tiny dogs) and that they were being mistreated. These people take better care of their dogs than most people take care of their kids. There's no way they would ever mistreat any animal. Come on, would I be friends with someone that would? They were worried though because their pit bull is stolen. That's the dog we were going to steal because it was being beaten and we were worried it was going to be used as a bait dog. So, they brought Maggie to the house for the night just in case. She's a little doofus of a dog. She's pretty small but you wouldn't know it if you heard her walk across the room. She'd also sooner lick you to death than ever bite anyone. She's a nice dog. I hope they don't get called on by the humane society again. I can't do really anything to help them with that. It'd be different if our rescue handled that sort of thing but we don't and aren't in any way involved with the humane society. Well, I'm off to bed. I have a killer migraine. Dina gave me some pills to help with the pain but all the did was make me shaky and nauseous. 

 

Oh yeah, one of my parakeets gave birth to an egg today... I just wish I knew whether there was a little birdie in there or just an empty egg. I came home to check on them and much to my surprise, there was a new object in their cage that wasn't there before. I was a little shocked because Idon't have a nesting box or anything close to that in their cage.

No comments: