Saturday, January 10, 2004

Bird On My Back

I've currently got Ellie on my shoulder.  I'm trying to make up with her for not spending as much time with her as I should be lately.  She's spent the last hour throughly scolding me for being a bad animal slave.  She received two bathes today due to her molting.  She hates bathes.  She got one with the spray bottle and one in the sink.  She's being rather sneaky right now.  She continues to walk back and forth across my neck so that it's almost impossible for me to catch her by myself.

I finally got around to doing something in the cat room today.  It's been in desperate need of a good cleaning for a good six months now.  It's just one of those things you put off till the next day and then the next.  Everyday I looked at that room and told myself 'today I'm going to do something in that room' and everyday I managed to put it off until it was too late to do anything at all.  It started off with doing the usual litter box cleaning and then I suddenly decided I really was going to get something done today.  I cleaned out everyone's cage and moved some cages around.  Let everyone out for play time while I cleaned.  I swept, which made a major difference.  It's not totally to where I want it just yet but hopefully by the end of the day tomorrow, it will be.  There's a lot of stuff that needs to go back to the shelter, something else I've been putting off.  There's a cage that needs to be cleaned before it goes back and a few carriers as well.  The cats will be happy though, they get lots of play time while I'm cleaning.  I can't leave them out all the time though.  I have a dog here that would like more than anything to eat herself a small kitty.  I only let the cats out when the dogs are outside and I'm there to supervise them.  I have no idea how long these two fosters will be with me.  I hate having them in that cage.  I just wish someone would come along that would love them as much as they deserve and won't mind taking two black cats.  It's hard enough to get one adopted out at a time, let alone two going to the same home. 

No comments: