Thursday, January 8, 2004

Thaddeus

"My" major issue.  At the shelter we have a border collie, who just happens to be a little on the crazy side.  I'm worried that he'll end up being put down because no one else besides myself can handle him.  Everyone that goes to the shelter is scared of him except for the few of us that have spent time with him.  He's apparently escaped from his cage once and scared one of our volunteers half to death.  He's just got some mental problems is all.  Once he's out of the cage, he's actually a pretty sweet dog.  Unfortunately, I live with my mother and she has never seen the sweet side of Thad, only the crazy snarling nutcase that he can occasionally be.  In other words, she doesn't want him in her house.  Now I too was scared to death of him once I first started working at the shelter but after a month he was sweet as pie with me.  And at that time I was only going there once a week, so it only took four days and he knew who I was.  I just don't know what to do.  He's not exactly the type of dog you can bring home and hide for a month before revealing the animal that's been living in the house.  He's a border collie and has tons of energy and needs to run and jump and play.  He will not stand for being locked up in a house all day long. 

This shelter thing is really getting to me.  I just want to yell, scream and hit someone.  I'm already totally stressed out because of everything that my grandpa is going through.  I spent the entire day in bed today.  I just didn't feel like dealing with anything so I said forget it, I don't care what people think or if they worry, I'm staying in bed and vegging out.  I don't know if it made me feel better or worse at this point though.  I almost think it made me feel worse.  I think I'm going to go to the shelter tomorrow.  I can't stand sitting around here, not knowing what is going on over there.  I feel like I need to be doing something

No comments: