Saturday, January 24, 2004

I know, I know

Yes, I'm aware that I just wrote like two minutes ago but I just had to write about something that happened within said two minutes.  I'm just sitting here, doing the journal thing, got the tv on in the background, quietly of course so I don't wake up DH.  All of the sudden the tv is much louder than it was before and I swear the sound was coming from inside my computer desk!  Ahhhh, is it a ghost?  Some strange electrical mishap that caused my tv to come through my speakers? (don't laugh, my mother-in-law has constant radio music coming from her speakers even if you turn them off and you're not connected to the internet, very weird) Ok, ok, I'll tell you what it really was, geez, so impatient.  My dog (a beautiful blue merle Austrailian Shepherd, no matter what everyone else says... ok they call her the ugliest dog in the world) just happens to be sitting under my feet, sleeping peacefully.  Now up here in these parts (using my best hick accent) we lose power more times then not (ok enough with the accent, I know you can't hear it but I hear it in my head and it's driving me nuts) so years and years ago when we could afford to waste money (ah the good ole days) we invested in a little 5 inch battery powered tv.  The dog decided to stretch and turned the volume up and the tv on.  Just as I realize where the noise is coming from, she stretches again and turns the tv off.  You know that feeling when something scares the hell out of you, only to leave you embarrassed a minute later because you feel like an idiot?  You laugh at yourself and hope no one was watching?  Yeah that's how I'm feeling right now.

No comments: