Wednesday, January 7, 2004

Fading out

The rescue is a rescue no more.  We're all very sad at the turn of events.  The animals are no longer able to stay where we had the shelter.  In a way they're being evicted.  We've found a temporary place for some of the cats and some barn animals.  It's a mad house over there right now.  Trying to scramble and find the animals some place to go rather than euthanizing them.  My two fosters will stay here with me until they're either adopted out or I find somewhere for them to go.  See, we're still adopting out animals, we just don't have a shelter anymore I guess.  I have no good things to say about the person(s) that have caused these animals to become once again homeless.  I get so sad when I look at my kitty fosters because right now, they're literally homeless.  They just have a temporary place to stay.  There's no where else for them to go except where they are.  They deserve so much better.  I obviously can't allow myself to become attached to them or they'll never leave.  I've already kept one of my fosters and now I have seven cats.  I can't keep anymore.  The girls are kept in a 4x4x4 foot cage.  It's much larger than what they would have in an actual shelter but it's still no way for them to live.  I will move onto another shelter, at least until we find a new place for our own.  I'm not doing any animals any good by quitting rescue all together so once everything is finished up at the shelter, I'll start putting in applications at other shelters and vet's offices.  I can't write about it anymore tonight.  There's a major issue I'll get into another day but for now I can't possibly deal with it any longer.  I'm going to feed everyone and then sleep.

No comments: