Monday, October 22, 2007

Creepy

I had to add this from Kas' journal.

http://journals.aol.com/hestiahomeschool/HomeschoolingJournal/  It was just too creepy to pass up.

 

 

For Halloween, a very eerie folksong to chill your bones...

 

Polly pretty Polly come go away with me,

Polly pretty Polly come go away with me,

 Before we get married some pleasures to see.

 She jumped up beside him and away they did go,

She jumped up beside him and away they did go, Over the mountains and the valleys below.

They went a little further and what did she find?

They went a little further and what did she find?

But a newly dug grave and a spade lying by...

a newly dug grave and a spade lying by.

 

Willy oh Willy I'm afraid of your ways

Willy oh Willy I'm afraid of your ways

I'm afraid you mean to murder me and throw my poor body in that grave

Polly pretty Polly you're guessing about right,

Polly pretty Polly you're guessing about right,

 I've been digging your grave for the best part of your life.

There's no time to talk now, there's no time to stand, there's no time to talk now, there's no time to stand, and he showed her the knife in the palm of his hand.

He stabbed her through the heart and her hot blood did, flow,

He stabbed her through the heart and her hot blood did, flow, And into the grave pretty Polly did go.

He threw a little dirt over her and started for home,

He threw a little dirt over her and started for home, Leaving nobody there but the wild birds to moan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What are you doing up so late?  ROFL   It's a great folksong..if you look it up on YouTube there are many versions of it. None as quite as creepy as this video though...