Sunday, October 28, 2007

Home Of The Brave

I have been unusually emotional lately.  I just started watching Home Of The Brave and have already teared up.  I have friends in that shit hole, oil filled country.  I want to take all the women and children out of there and sort the good men from the terrorists and then just torch the rest of it, oil included.  It's so hard to know what's true from Iraq and what's lies.  Half the military people you meet say everything is better and the media makes it seem much worse than it really is.  Others say not much has changed.  It's still chaos and the country is nearing a civil war.  I wish George Bush had never become president in the first place.  We wouldn't have went to war with another country just to satisfy his father's loses and thousands of Americans and Iraqis would still be alive.  I DO believe that Sadam needed to be relieved of his power but I don't think this was the right way to do it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is a sad situation.  If we only knew than what we know now I don't believe people would have been so hell bent on going to war.  

On another note, thank you for the kind comments about losing my little boy.  I appreciate your warm sentiments.
Lisa