Monday, October 22, 2007

I can't think of a subject... still have that Pretty Polly song stuck in my head

I really need to get on working in the cat house.  I just keep putting it off because there's heavy equitment to move (that we should've moved BEFORE we put the cats in there) and then I have to move the many straw bales inside to line the walls and keep away any drafts.  I was going to get started today but it was such a nice day I didn't want to waste it doing work.  So instead I went to my house and fell asleep on her couch.  Something about her house always makes me want to take a nap. 

Had some awful nightmares last night.  Apparently two zombie movies in two nights was just enough to have my imagination take off.  I have MANY strange dreams.  Some are in color, some in black and white and I've even had a few that were part cartoon, part real people.  (like how it was in Who Framed Roger Rabbit?) Some freak me out, others make me wake up shaking my head thinking only drug addicts could possibly dream up shit that messed up.  If I miss taking one or two Paxil's, they get really crazy.  Something about the lack of the serotonin in my brain I guess.  In the most recent one, Jasmine had caught some kind of lung disease that would eventually kill her within seven days.  (worst parents nightmare) But we had never had her to the doctor to be diagnosed, it was all based off what I found on webmd in my dream.  At the same time, the dogs in the neighborhood were turning into zombie dogs (see too many zombie movies) and killing anything in their path.  My dogs had come into contact with these dogs so they were turning too but apparently in my dream they were only zombie's when it fit the dreams purpose.  At one point and time I just had to keep them all seperated at night to keep them (and us) safe.  While they're being crazy zombie dogs, I finally get my ass off the computer and make it to the car without being eaten by other zombie dogs and take Jasmine to the doctor who says yes she does have a lung problem but that it'll go away in a few days.  And sometime after that I woke up.  They kind of fade away on me so I can't always remember the endings so well.  I've even dreamt of the grateful dead bears.  My dreams are rarely happy.  I usually have a machine gun and am fighting off some crazy terrorist guys who decided to come to our house.  (and I usually get shot but it doesn't kill me... and it usually feels like getting shot with a bb gun) Or there are monsters in our house and I have to find a way to escape with my whole family still alive.  I used to have frequent and very vivid dreams about tornado's coming and killing everyone I loved.  I was terrified of them but I've become a little less so over the years of false alarms in this area.  I don't even flinch at the word tornado warning flashing on the screen anymore.  Unless, I'm not home and my dogs are outside.  Then I get a little panicked, mainly because I feel bad that they're about to get wet.  (there are plenty of places they can go to keep dry, they just usually don't go there)

The baby birds have tiny little fluffy feathers.  They're wing feathers a beginning to come in and I was right, they'll both be blue.  The older one has a bit of an attitude when it comes to being picked up but the younger seems to enjoy it.  Probably just likes that my hand is warmer than where he was sitting.  The momma can't really sit on them anymore.  They're too big so she just sits next to them and tries to cover them with a wing.  I found the third baby while cleaning out the nesting box.  I don't think he even made it the first night.  I've been trying to get pictures but I'm camera just doesn't seem to take pictures of fluffy little white feathered things well.  They should be feeding on their own soon.  They're bills are hardened now so it's only a matter of time before momma's job gets a lot easier. (and I can promptly remove her little love shack for the winter)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think 2 zombie movies will do that to you!!  The little birds must be adorable - I bet mom will be happy when they are eating on their own.
Lisa