Saturday, October 13, 2007

Once Bitten Twice Shy

I'm beginning to get a little freaked out about a bug bite I have on my leg.  Had it not been for the wonderful internet, I would've just waited to see what happened but my curiousity got the best of me and I decided to look up insect bites and bruising.  (I have a bruise in the shape of a circle around the bite) I have no idea when the bite occured as I just noticed it today.  I touched my leg and noticed it was sore and that's when I saw the bruise and then the bite.  Everything on the internet points to either a spider bite (brown recluse, which I KNOW I had in my house at one point and time because I caught him and released him out in the field behind my house) or a tick bite that possibly has lyme disease.  My bite is extremely similar to the one below, which is a bite from a tick with lyme disease.  If it doesn't start to feel better by Monday I may be calling my doctor.  At this point, I feel better safe than sorry is the road I want to go. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes Jamie you should contact your doctor - our local news did stories on both lyme and the brown recluse bite.  The man who was bit by the spider had long term complications, this isn't anything to mess around with.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

tick bite....I would think. Get it looked at!