Friday, October 26, 2007

IB oh Hell

I had what we'll call a mishap at the mall today.  It led me to research my IBS-D further.  I've discovered that I have the most severe form of IBS.  Only 20% of people with IBS have it the way I have.  I'm glad.  I now know it can't get any worse.  I've also discovered that people with IBS actually a wired differently than people without it.  They did CAT scans on people with and without it and our pain sensors are different.  Even on days when our bowels are working normally, we still sense pain.  There's a lot of reading I still have to do.  I'm making a doctor's appointment on Monday to work on getting some medication to lessen the severity of my symptoms.  Hopefully he'll have some good news that isn't take immodium for the rest of my life. 

Today my husband took me to see Cirque Dreams: Jungle Fantasy.  I knew ahead of time that I was going but he thought he was surprising me so I didn't blog about it just in case he decided to read my journal.  It was great.  It was funny, there was audience particapation and of course, acrobatics.  It's kind of like a really good spin off of Cirque Du Soleil and for now the only cirque I can afford to see.  There were people dressed as lions, elephants, frogs and just about any animal in the jungle.  They juggled, jumped rope (or several ropes), two people on one trapeze, balancing and many other things.  They used special effect lighting to make it all the more magical.  We talked about taking Jasmine to the other showing tomorrow but once we looked up the prices, we decided we just couldn't afford it right now.  Maybe we'll get to go to the one in Chicago when they come this summer.  I wish I could say I got pictures but cameras were not allowed due to the special effect lighting.  I had a lot more to say tonight but Jasmine woke up not feeling well so I seem to have lost my train of thought.  I guess I'll sit here and watch Evan Almighty with her.  (she likes the animals)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The show sounds great, glad you had a good time and didn't ruin the surprise for your husband.  I was diagnosed with IBS since I have terrible unexplained stomache pains.  They put me on a medication called Chlord-Clidi5, it has been the only thing that has worked when I have my flare ups.  I find mine is more stress related than anything but once it comes it can last for weeks.  The pain is just unbearable sometimes.  I hope you come up with something that helps, do you have your pain everyday or most of the time?
Lisa