Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Only one more hour before Polar Bear can leave for the vet's office.  I think at this point we'll just be looking to end his pain.  He seems to be shutting down.  He's just staring off at the wall.  He blinks infrequently.  I didn't think he even knew I was there until the last time I checked on him.  He meowed and started purring as soon as I touched him but otherwise didn't move.  It kills me to have to watch him suffer.  I'm torn between wanting to walk in the bathroom (the warmest room I could find for him) and find him gone or still hanging on.  I want to still have hope that there's something the vet can do but I really don't feel that there is at this point.  I just can't believe this is happening.  I feel awful.  It was my job to care for him and make sure he was healthy and I failed at that.  I've been crying all night on and off.  Jasmine is has thrown up three different times.  Her being sick is making it harder for me to care for PB.  Maybe it's better that I'm not in there constantly though.  I wish there was something I could do to make him more comfortable. 

No comments: