Thursday, October 11, 2007

Eat the Rich

I'll be honest, I do not tend to care for the rich or people who are well off.  Call it jealousy... it probably mostly is.  But a lot of rich people seem to think they have some more entitlement to money than someone who is poor.  They say you need to make opportunities for yourself, they don't just come to you.  I agree but that being said, that doesn't make me less of a person because I would prefer to stay at home and raise my child than someone who would rather have them raised by strangers.  From my perspective, they think life is easy and that you should just get over it and go buy a pair of prada shoes.  No thank you, if I had that kind of money it wouldn't be going to some overpriced shoes from some other rich asshole.  I have never met a rich person who was truly down to earth.  The woman I got my australain shepherds from, nice woman but again, rich.  BUT you can tell that she and her husband have had to save and pinch pennies to get where they are.  I would love to have whatever I wanted whenever I wanted.  Unfortunately I would likely end up with more animals I could care for and then I would have to hire someone else to do it for me.  haha First I would hire a maid.  haha again There are plenty of things I could say about the "rich" but I think I would be stoned to death via an internet portal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you are saying but I know alot of very wealthy people who are down to earth & wonderful.  It may depend on the area you live in and of course the definition of rich.  Most of the people we know are "rich" and they don't look down on anyone because of what they have or don't have.  I think if the person is "self made" and not a trust fund baby or had the money handed to them they tend to be more down to earth.  I have more respect for you actually being a mother than I do the gals I know who have nannies and see their kid for 20 minutes a day, why even have the kid in the first place?  
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Ok, you are going to think I went mad but I had to come back.  The more I thought about what you said something struck me.  The people I refer to in my first comment are older rich folks.  My first husband and I had a huge house, it was a showcase and we entertained all the time.  My best friend was super rich, beyond my comprehension rich.  We divorced and I moved over here to the farm and built my little house.  It is nice but nothing compared to the showcase I had but I am happy here.  My friend came for the weekend with her husband - she couldn't stay in my house because it was too small, she wouldn't ride in my truck because it was bouncy, she wouldn't go to any of the local stores because everyone here are hillbillies...get the picture.  We went to a dinner party and she busted on me the whole night in front of our other friends...called me Ellie May and said I wore cow patty perfume.  Nice huh. She said the buffalo were ugly!  I politely told her and my other "friends" to go f themselves and left.  I've not heard from any of them since, 12 years now.  So now I say for the most part you are right...young rich people are, by and large, pompous idiots.  This is why I surround myself with my animals and never socialize with anyone and I have no friends.  Okay, I am really done now.
Lisa