Saturday, December 8, 2007

I bleed green and gold

Who would've thought that the other man in my life would be 38 and a virtual shoe in for the pro-bowl?  Last year on the discovery channel Brett Farve was named 89th most influential person in America our of 100.  There is so much that can be said about him and I could not be happier to support a team that has such a wonderful quarterback inside and out.  All I can hope for is that he plays just one more year so I have another chance to see him in person.  I honestly think I would cry throughout most of the game.  I know to a lot of people, football is just a stupid game but I love it.  I love my team and I love the game.  I love watching a tight Sunday game, my heart pounding, nerves on end, hoping for a win.  The rest of our regular season games will be played at noon.  Shitty for me as that is quite early for me to get up but you better bet your ass that these final games I will be in my pj's every Sunday watching my team continue on to the playoffs.  We only need one more win to cinch the division.  Who would've thought?  These past few years all you ever hear about is "Is Brett Farve too old to play?" "Will Farve retire this year?" etc., etc.  I've known all along that he's not too old and this year he's proving it.  I'm so sick of hearing sportscasters talk about how they knew Brett still had it in him, when last year they were the same ones saying it was time to hang it up.  Last year was a rough year for us, I'll admit that but it wasn't all Brett's fault.  We had a lot of new starters last year and it takes a while for a team to get it together.  If we were to get to the super bowl this year, win or lose, I would be in a puddle of tears.  I am always so happy to see Brett do well.  It's really something to see a 38 year old man act like he's back in high school playing for the state championship.  I will be a packers fan till the day I die, no doubt about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not a Packers fan (Steelers) but I am a fan of Brett - he is one class act and such a nice, normal guy - so it seems anyway.  I am sick of hearing everyone second guess what they think he will do or should do, leave him alone ~ he'll know when to go.  I hope you do get the chance to see him play.
Lisa
PS) are you as sick of hearing about Tom Brady as I am????  I didn't think the second coming happened yet but apparently it did.  :o