Thursday, December 27, 2007

Stolen bird, better off where ever he may be

Recently, a parrot was stolen from a pet store in Michigan.  This pet store is disgusting.  They don't take good care of their animals and many die before ever finding homes.  It's an awful place for any animal to end up.  This was on our local news and their website.  They were saying poor Ewert's, they had their bird stolen, how awful and we hope this criminal is caught.  Of course, I had to set them straight and left a comment on the page about how awful this place is and that I don't like any pet stores period but this place was one of the worst.  This is the only response to my comment.  Apparently, this idiot didn't read the part about me NOT liking pet stores. 

Jamie, the only thing you need to do if you ever decide you need to get some things from the pet store is NOT to shop at Ewert's any longer. Eventually, they will go out of business. I know its a lot cleaner than it used to be but it still smells horrible. No one deserves to have their animals stolen. Not even Ewert's. Jamie if you would just do your part and go to your local animal shelter and RESCUE a few creatures that need a home, you would feel better about yourself for it. I DO hope the theft gets caught and does some serious jail time for it.

Apparently, by ever stepping foot in the store to know it's disgusting, I am supporting Ewert's and buying? pets from them.  This is news to me.  One of my biggest pet peeves is when people assume shit based on a tiny piece of information.

P.S. The reason I was in this store to begin with was to TAKE guinea pigs from them that they were not properly caring for, it was when I was in rescue.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an idiot, yes Jamie it is a good idea and also being a good human if you would go out and adopt yourself some animals yourself....geesh!  I hope you replied with a comment as I doubt this clown does a fraction of what you do.  Grrrrr.....people can really get me ticked off!!
xoxo
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Well wasnt he mister high and mighty...hmph, he sure did assume a lot before knowing you. Someone with the humane society needs to do regular checks on this store. I would think that if animal owners have to have reasonable upkeep of animals so does the pet store.

Anonymous said...

I abhor pet stores simply because they could care less who the animals go to or what conditions they are going to be raised in. In any event what the hell was with the simpleton thinking he has a psychic link to how you feel and what you do.....I hope you wrote back and put him in his place. You of all people are a godsend to so many animals. (Hugs) Indigo