Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year

I rang in the new year in style. ;) We were in a movie theatre none the wiser that any ball had dropped, anywhere.  We went and saw Sweeney Todd.  It's a bit of a strange movie.  I guess that's to be expected when you're going to see a Tim Burton film, especially when it's a musical, something I neglected to tell my husband till after I bought the tickets, of course.  It was an alright movie.  When we got out to the car it was covered in several inches of snow.  I told the late night police offcier to be careful and got in the car, bracing myself for much sliding.  We didn't have any trouble getting home or up our long snowy driveway.  Others didn't appear so lucky but I didn't see any accidents. 

Had to run outside for a few minutes to take care of the outdoor cats.  Shawn shoveled out the snow to their house so I wouldn't be in it up to my shins.  On the way back up, I threw snowballs at the dogs.  Molly in particular seems to enjoy running from the snow. 

Well I hope you all had a safe New Year's Eve and everyone drove carefully if they went anywhere.  We shall be covered in a foot of snow by morning.  I've got a cd to burn for my uncle and a shower to be taken and then I'm off to bed.  We live on the wild side nowadays. ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun new years, I haven't heard of Sweeney Todd.  We stayed home, took a nice hot soak in the spa and watched the stars for awhile.  Doug actually stayed up and watched the ball fall with me, a first since the year 2000 when I insisted he stay up in case the world ended...LOL, I'm kidding about the world ending.  Wishing you a great 2008....hope you are feeling better.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Jamie! I want to see that movie too. Will wait and rent it on Netflix though. Glad y'all made it home without any slipping and sliding out of control.