Saturday, December 29, 2007

Now THAT my friends was a close one

Ok, so yesterday, I did a bad thing.  I don't know really what I was thinking at the time.  Maybe I just got caught up in the idea.  I went on ebay and looked up Green Bay playoff tickets.  I found two sets at a... ahem... reasonable price... at least for playoff tickets.  I bid on both sets and put in what my maximum bid would be.  The first set I lost within an hour.  The second, slightly more expensive set... I lost by only ten damn dollars.  Now, I don't know what I would've done if I had actually won.  Took out a second loan on my house?  (kidding)  I expected to lose but to lose by a mere ten dollars?  That's just adding insult to injury.  I was ten dollars away from a playoff game.  I'm still shaking my head.  And to those who know me personally, my husband is NOT aware that I did this and I would prefer to keep it that way for at least a year or two.  ;)  Although, it's not like he hasn't done monumentally stupid things in regards to large sums of money before.  I was casually looking up tickets, just to see how short I was of ever going to a game.  I have already entered several contests to try and get tickets to a Green Bay game.  I just got caught up in everything, the excitement.  These were shockingly expensive seats for their location by the way.  End zone, just above the tunnel, very bad for seeing the game but were only 30 rows up.  (if I'm gonna have a bad view, I'm gonna have a bad view up close damnit) Again, it was stupid and I won't do it again.  But, damn, what could've been if I'd just bet ten more dollars.  What could've been.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, but isnt it kind of a relief in a way that you lost the tickets..like you say, you were so caught up you werent thinking about where the money was going to come from. Look at it as it wasnt meant to be.

Anonymous said...

Ah geesh...I guess I'm happy you didn't win them, but you are right about only losing by ten bucks sucks!  I hope you win one of the contests...I would love for you to be able to go to a playoff game and have good seats.  Keep those bidding fingers under control LOL
xoxo
Lisa