Thursday, December 6, 2007

We're a couple of misfits

I'm very happy to say that my daughter enjoys watching Rudolph the Red nosed reindeer.  This is a movie that I've watched every year around Christmas time.  Now I have it on dvd and can watch it all year long if I want.  Too bad hollywood can't seem to see that it doesn't take bells and whistles to make a blockbuster.  And who doesn't love Burl Ives voice? 

I'm already sick of winter and it's only the first week of December.  I hate walking out to the cats through ice and snow.  Hell, I hate walking to the car in ice and snow.  Some days, it can be in the 20's and I will walk out to the cat house in shorts and be fine, other days it's in the 40's and I'm freezing.  I just prefer to be warm and comfortable at all times.  I love Florida.  It's always warm and the storms roll in fast and with a furry.  I will never live there because my family is here but I hope to be able to visit quite a few more times.  I love the smell of the ocean.  I feel lucky to live so close to Lake Michigan.  If I try really hard, I can pretend it's the ocean.  They call it the sunset coast for obvious reasons.  The best way to end a long summer day is to sit on the end of the pier and watch the sun go down. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Rudolph too and Burle, well what a sweetie he was!  It is bitterly cold here and I am as grouchy about it as a person can be.  My mom hung up on me I was so foul this morning.  I hate cold weather and I hate having to go out in it.  I can never get warm either.  It doesn't matter how much I spend on boots or gloves I am always cold!!!!!!!!  If I could be Jeannie, I would cross my arms, nod my head & blink and me & all the animals would be in a warm climate for the winter!!  I bet you are sorry you said you don't like the cold :o since it sent me into a rant!
Lisa