Wednesday, November 21, 2007

All I'm missin' is a cup of coco

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

 

The room that my husband cleaned out to make his office has become some what of my refuge.  This was the room that was originally our bedroom and I didn't like it before.  Now, it has Christmas lights in the window, carpeting (most of my house is wood flooring) and a little warmer feel than the rest of the house. Plus, I can shut the door and keep Jasmine in here, keeping her from sneaking off to create messes elsewhere in the house.  Last winter, we didn't use this room at all.  I actually turned the heat off to it since we were never in here, leading me to believe it would always be cold in here even if the heat was on.  It's actually quite comfortable, despite the very old windows that seem to have a steady stream of cold air coming through them.  What's weirder still is that there is no tv, no radio and no clocks in this room.  It's rare that I will stay in a room without background noise.  Although, the lacking clock is not unusual in this house, we only have one and I did it on purpose.  I don't like to always be looking at the clock.  Why do I need to know what time it is if I don't have anywhere specific to be.  I prefer to live by the sun and the moon rather than a ticking piece of machinary.  Although guests frequently ask why there aren't anymore clocks.  This room is nice, it's quiet with few distractions and I think it's what I've been needing for a while.  While my husand still uses it at his "office," I have obviously taken over, what with the candles and plants that have moved in slowly over the last few days.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's nice to have a place where you can go for peace & quiet, I'm sure with a little one, husband and all the other "kids" there are times you really need it!!!!  Happy Thanksgiving to you, I hope you had a pleasant day.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksigving, Jamie. Sometimes it's good to have a place to hide.

Regards,
Dani

LOL, I got your coco drinking it now

Anonymous said...

Hope your holiday was a wonderful one. Sounds like hubby is losing his office a piece at at time. I have a bench at the top of my stairs, actually it's a chest with padding. It's so serene to sit there and watch the rainfall or snowfall from those windows. Serenity is something to be treasured wherever you may find it. (Hugs) Indigo