Saturday, November 17, 2007

Sweet? 16

Wow, I was told that if I had one snail they would reproduce like crazy.  I had no idea what I was in for.  Yesterday, I had one snail, today I have sixteen!  What the hell?  How did that happen?  Did the big one just explode over night?  What I think is weird too is that I have another tank that is 5 times the size of this one and only one snail to speak of.  I thought I'd get an extra one here or there but fifteen in one night?  My betta seems to like knocking the baby snails off the wall, then watching them crawl back up.  It makes a nice "toy" for him but I'm sure it's pretty annoying to the snails.  I'm still in awe.  I just keep thinking, seriously, I have sixteen of them now?  What the hell am I going to do with sixteen snails in a five gallon tank?  And I promised my friend that I got the original snail from that I would not buy any fish that may or may not eat snails so that's not even an option.  Just... wow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is amazing.  I had a few snails in my fish pond - I now have tons of them!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I was thinking of getting another snail. I had one for a few years, she has a huge golden swirl shell, forget what they call them. Poor thing was constantly getting butted around by the Fancy Goldfish like a football. (Hugs) Indigo