Sunday, November 4, 2007

Ick

Friday I had a doctor's appointment for my IBS-D.  He seemed more concerned than I.  I truly believe that all I have is IBS.  Years ago I came to him and thought for sure it was Crohn's Disease because it was so painful.  He seemed unconcerned at that time, maybe it was because I was the first to bring up Crohn's.  For now, I will be on a fiber supplement (which has shown NO signs of improving IBS-D in studies) and a prescription.  If there is no improvement in 4-6 weeks, he will want to schedule me for a colonoscopy and biosopy of my intestines to check for signs of disease.  That should be fun.  I would prefer that doesn't happen but I guess we'll see. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes...I wouldn't want to have to go through those tests but I am a baby when it comes to that kind of thing.  I hope the fiber helps and you can avoid the tests.  
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I'm with Lisa I wouldn't want to go through these test either. But then again I really, really don't like Doctors or hospitals. I'm keeping you in my prayers on the smoke. (Hugs) Indigo