Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Ratta Tat Tat

What a difference 24 hours can make.  Last night I felt absolutely hopeless and like there was no light at the end of the tunnel.  I was at my mom's till 2am, unfortunately she had to get up in the morning for work but I needed someone to talk to.  This morning, Shawn and I got into it and it seemed to help just to get some things off my chest and I honestly don't think he totally realized the way he was behaving.  I knew he was being an asshole but not to the extent that I had noticed.  We went and got burgers and had a nice dinner.  Jasmine loves cheeseburgers and it's one of the few things she will eat completely.  Once we got home, Shawn went to bed.  Me and Jasmine got the rabbit and rats out of their cages and took them to the spare bedroom.  Shawn just finished cleaning it out the other day so it's small animal safe, plus it has carpet which makes it much easier for the rabbit to hop around.  I thought this would be relaxing and allow me to do some things online.  I ended up having to watch Jasmine's every step.  She doesn't yet understand that falling on one of them would probably kill them.  For the most part the rabbit, Scrappy, just wandered around the room.  The more outgoing and adventurous of the two rats, Rikki, was all over the room.  I have pictures that I'm going to post once I find the camera cord... AGAIN.  He was climbing on me, up Jasmine's leg and over the rabbit.  At one point, I allowed our border collie, Mia to join us.  She has a very high prey drive but is VERY aware that these are NOT animals she can have for lunch.  It's quite funny to watch a 55lb. dog run like mad from a less than 1lb. rat.  You would've thought he was breathing fire.  And of course Rikki is stupi... er thinks he's bigger than he is, and made a game of chasing Mia around the room, trying all the while to hitch a ride on her tail.  The other rat, Tikki, sat under the chair the whole time.  He doesn't like things that he doesn't recognize.  The only room he's adventurous in is my bedroom. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got some issues off  your chest and are feeling better now - sometimes that is all it takes.  It sounds like a lot of fun with everyone running around.  I bet it is funny to watch Mia run from the rat - better to run than hurt or eat him though. :o
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Sounds like my house. Glad to hear unloading got you and Shaun talking again. Men can be such dunces at times. Rikki sounds like a fun little guy. My smallest cat, Feather beats the daylights out of all the other cats and Pickles. She was the runt of the family, but fearless as can be. (Hugs) Indigo