Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The cat formerly known as Jake

He is now known as the asshole cat. 

 

This is Jake, aka Jake 'n Bake, aka asshole cat.  (notice the difference in his eyes, the one closest to the camera is the one injured)  This sweet looking cat did THIS with his TEETH.

The worst two are all the way down to my muscle.  At first none of them bled, I had to force them.  And yes, I've washed it SEVERAL times and will do it several more before I go to sleep.  Now you see why he is the asshole cat.  I'm a little concerned as this is a cat who has NEVER bitten me.  I'm hoping it's just an effect of the pain.  But I'm not taking any chances.  I found a small litter pan and took some litter from another box and stuck him in the bathroom away from all other living things. 

Look how pleased he is with himself.  Ready to strike again.  (ok admittedly, he had just finished eating and was licking his mouth) Ok, so I'm really not that upset with him, I just didn't want him hurting anyone else.  He was growling at my daughter and I got his attention so he wouldn't attack her.  That's when I found the litter box.  I'm actually quite worried that he is in such a severe amount of pain that he has resorted to causing me physical pain.  My husband is going to try and come home early to take him to the vet's office.  Which is actually shocking because my husband quite frankly hates this cat.  (the feelings mutual and if my husband goes near Jake, he hisses and runs away) They've never had a good relationship and it got worse when Jake decided that the towels were a good place to go potty.  Jake is part of the outdoor trio that live in the enclosed area.  A problem with having Jake locked in the bathroom... he knows how to open doors.  He used to do it all the time at my moms house and it used to aggravate me to no end when he would escape from my bedroom and free the rest of the cats in the process. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Animals in pain behave very erratically (so do people)...I saw a woman in labor smack her doctor!

Anonymous said...

Awe, I feel bad for both you....poor Jake, I'm sure he didn't mean it :o  
Cats bite hurt ALOT...I feel your pain.  I was bitten 13 times by a feral who I was trying to medicate, needless to say he didn't get the medication.  I hope your bites heal okay, make sure you keep an eye on them.
Lisa