Saturday, November 24, 2007

This indecision has gotten me down

I'm having such a hard time deciding on what to make for Christmas.  I've been looking at cakes, mousses, cookies and just about any other dessert type food.  All of them look really good and it's so hard to pick one.  Obviously, whatever I choose I will make as a trial run beforehand.  One month doesn't seem like enough time to make them all.  (or enough time to lose the weight from each dessert!) I've also been looking at recipes for dinners.  I suggested to my mom that we have a Sunday dinner once or twice a month where anyone who wants to come, shows up.  (cousins, aunts, uncles, bf/gf) There's a lasagne I would like to try making.  It takes over 24 hours of prep time but it sounds worth it.  (most of that is refrigerator time) As well as a spaghetti and meatballs dish and many others.  Maybe we can finally start eating something other than chicken, steak and pork chops in my house!  I've just grown so tired of the same food all the time.  When it comes to making dinner I'm just like what's the point, it's the same crap we had two days ago.  Wouldn't be nice to think wow it's been a month since we've had such and such?  I'm a very picky eater though so it may take a few recipes till I find something that fits.   (and many back up dinners when I hate it)  Now I just have to start making grocery lists each week until I find something that fits.

I'm still debating on whether or not to return to the doctor for the colonoscopy.  I really don't want to go through the 24 hours before the scope.  I recently watched my mom deal with that and quite frankly, if I can avoid that, I will.  There are some days when I think there must be something seriously wrong with my stomach and other days when I just think it's only IBS-D.  My mom saw what happens when I'm out somewhere and get sick today.  I think it freaked her out.  I don't know what I look like when it happens but I usually feel faint and in general like hell.  I hope my daughter doesn't have to deal with this ever.  I think it's much more embarrassing to be a girl and have these issues than a boy.  Boys are expected to be gross and do gross things, girls are expected to be proper and clean. 

We came home late Thanksgiving night to find that the aussie boys had literally eaten the flooring in our backroom.  I KNOW which dog it was, Tarin.  He always seems to be trying to destroy some part of my house when I'm not around.  For the moment we'll be borrowing a crate from my mom.  Right now we have two hard crates and one soft.  We haven't got any of our already crate trained dogs to go in the soft one without trying to destroy it.  It seemed like a good idea at the time.  The crate was massive and only 20 bucks.  Big enough for even our doberman to be in.  When we tried the dogs in it, the just tried to walk out of it and ended up rolling the entire thing.  Unless your dog is really well behaved in their crate, I wouldn't recommend one of these.  Thankfully, we were already planning on replacing the linoleum in the backroom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really don't cook or bake so I wouldn't know what to say about your menu dilemma...with everything you have going on I can't even see that you would have the time to make something with so much prep work!!!  Oh my, Tarin did a boo-boo huh?  Well how is this...Coco ate the kitchen floor, let's see......5 years ago - one big hunk of linoleum out of it.  I now have a small area rug over it - the floor hasn't been replaced yet.  I bet it is something to see when the whole crate rolls over...geesh, he must be a beast!
Lisa