Monday, November 12, 2007

Days are never long enough

Today started off ok.  My husband seemed in a good mood.  But by the time we were done grocery shopping, he got grouchy.  When we got home he was snapping at everyone.  (mostly animals) He was supposed to watch Rocky Horror Picture Show with me but apparently he decided that enough was enough when the transvestite came on.  I was a little annoyed because I watch all his crap boy movies and he can't sit thourgh an hour with me?  I think the movie is funny even if it is a little weird.  Jasmine liked all the singing and I helped her dance around the bed while grouchy slept.  (he can sleep through anything) I was more than a little annoyed.  He can be shitty all day and just fall asleep like it's no big deal, whereas the rest of us have to deal with the aftermath.  I was trying to keep Jasmine up as late as possible and I could tell she was starting to fall asleep so we went out into the kitchen.  (she's been sleeping for two hours every night and then staying up till about ten in the morning... it's killing me sleep wise) I'm pretty sure he's shitty because the house is a mess so I was like whatever, I'll clean a little.  The thing is, when I start cleaning, it's hard for me to stop and I will end up doing it for hours on end.  That's probably why I avoid it.  I cleaned the kitchen up a little bit, as well as the bathroom.  Won't he be shocked when he goes throw away a tissue and realizes there's no longer a trash can in there.  I got sick of it.  It's clean for one day and then it's full and both of us are too stubborn to throw it out so it just stays that way till one of us (ME) gets sick of looking at it and dumps it.  So from now on, we'll both have to walk the ten feet to the kitchen to throw away whatever we have in there.  I had to go out and get another recycle bin so I let the aussie boys out.  (we use a trash can and two regular recycle bins and I end up filling them to the brim with recycling... my husband hates it) After I threw all the recycling away, I decided while, the boys were out, I would mop their room.  It was staying fairly clean for a while but then Savannah came along and puppies don't hold their bladders well so soon it was a mess again.  For the night, at least, the floor are clean again.  (they're linolem) Jasmine loves "skating" while I mop.  Hopefully, the attitude is gone tomorrow.  I have enough attitude for both of us quite frankly. 

I banished the remaining baby bird from his nest today.  I think he would've stayed in there till I kicked him out anyways and I was afraid he was too stupid to get out to eat and I don't think mom was feeding him anymore.  He wasn't happy about it but he'll be ok.  He followed his dad, Romeo around the cage while I was in there.  They were tweeting and preening eachother the entire time.  While mom and daughter just sat on a perch like 'what's the big deal?'

I busted my ass in the cat house today trying to get ready for this coming week of cold and snow.  I'm almost finished.  I have two more bails of straw to add and hopefully I'll have one left over that I can break open for them to lay on.  My grandparents had all kinds of heavy equipment in there that left me huffing and puffing.  Shawn will have to remove the plow tomorrow.  It has no wheels and there's no way I can get it out of the outdoor area.  The cats seemed to enjoy the excitment... well not Minka so much but she doesn't seem to enjoy much of anything except food.  It'll be a weight off me when I know it's done and that they have some way to keep warm.  I'm going to get a heating lamp but only use it on the colder nights since there is a great deal of straw in a small space.  One of the aussie boys snuck in while I was removing the wood chipper and was eating pooh.  I had to drag him out.  What is so appealing about cat poop? 

Tomorrow I have to run to the mall to take back a shirt that my mom got Jasmine the other day.  The hanger said 3T but the shirt was actually 2T.  The same thing happened to me the other day.  I tried on a L shirt (that's what the hanger said) and I could barely get it on.  I was thinking, ok I KNOW I've lost weight, what the hell.  Well, it was an XS.  Anyone been in the Juniors section of a store lately?  Yeah, the small's are made for 13 year olds who haven't gotten boobs yet.  I'm a 34D, a small isn't gonna cut it. 

I've been meaning to write about the cleaning supplies I've been using.  I started using Method cleaning supplies the beginning of last year.  I have asthma and regular cleaning products are extremely harsh on my lungs and leave me feeling sick to my stomach the rest of the day.  I started with the floor cleaner.  It works just as good as the stuff with chemicals in it without the nasty smell.  By the way, Method is chemical free and enviromentally safe.  The guy who made it, proved it was safe by drinking a shot of it.  Now, I don't think I'd drink it but I trust that it's better for me, my family, my animals and the enviroment than the other crap.  I use it for cleaning counters now too.  Tomorrow I'm going to get some to use in the bathroom since the bathroom cleaners seem to be the harshest.  All the method products I've used, work great and are the same price as the other stuff.  And they smell good.  They also make air freshner's like the glad plugins, only again, natural without chemicals.  Those work GREAT.  It lasted far longer than any other plugin we've ever used and smelled much better too.  Ok, 'I'm done saving the world for now.  ; )

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Just ran accross your blog and wanted to say hi from one critter rescuer to another. Your cat hosue sounds interesting. I do feralls myself have for what seems like forever.

I'll add you to my blog list. Figure us rescuers need all the help we can get be a blog plug or whatever.

Peace,
Dani
Blog  : MEOWZ  http://journals.aol.com/nemesis1im/meowz/


Feline Advocacy *  
Rescue Cat Chats M & Th 7 PM PST  
on AOL Feline Fancy aol://2719:27-2-Feline%20Fancy
Cathobbyist.com http://www.cathobbyist.com/chat/index.html    

Web Sites/ Graphics*
Feral Square   http://www.geocities.com/feralsquare/index.html
Against Hartz  http://www.geocities.com/againsthartz/
Hartz Victims Quilt http://www.geocities.com/hartzquilt/

Spiritual Help *
Heaven's Angels Spiritual Readingshttp://www.heavensangelsreadings.com/

Anonymous said...

Men, who can figure out why they get pissy over nothing.  I get tired of dealing with the moods sometimes ~ thankfully I have lots of animals to visit instead!!
It sounds like you got alot accomplished.  I bet the cats did like the excitement, when I work in mine they are always watching  & playing.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

When I clean my cats disappear literally. It's hours before they make an entrance into the rooms I just cleaned. They would be happy if I just left things the way they were. As for Men, they do tend to be big ass ninnies at times don't they. In the end we are the ones with the majority of the problems loaded on our shoulders. (Then again Woman do tend to deal with things efficiently). After reading all you've done, you should be the snippy one. Your barely getting any sleep and dealing with my grouch. (Hugs) Indigo