Friday, May 30, 2008

And then there's that

Omigod!  AOL finally got with it and gave us more than five moods to choose from.  I almost feel intimidated by the fact that I finally have some choices.

I went to the doctor Thursday and he basically laughed at my concerns of dizziness and sent me for a blood test.  I really like my doctor but don't laugh at a pregnant woman.  Really.  I've been extremely emotional now and I literally started tearing up at the thought of going through this for the next nine months.  It's very easy for a MAN (yes I'm man hating right now... back off and let me ;) ) to say you just have to suck it up and do what's best for the baby for the next nine months.  It's a bit difficult to even think of said child when you can stand for any amount of time without feeling like you're going to fall over, pass out or puke.  It's been so much worse than I can even put into words and I think I've done a damn fine job of resisting taking medication that could interfere with the developing satan spawn... er... baby.  *wink*  The only thing I've taken that is even mildly questionable is the bonine/dramamine that I take when I can't handle the dizziness/nausea any longer.  (yes, Lisa, I was aware of those little miracles... I took them during my last pregnancy as well, although they don't help much, if at all with the dizziness)  At any rate, my doctor was one more grin away from a swift muscle reaction to the nuts.  I went downstairs to have my blood drawn.  Do I need to remind anyone of my fear of needles Every single time I've had a shot or blood drawn and my husband has been with me, I've passed out or come close enough that I might as well have passed out.  It's only when I go with my mom that it seems to help.  She talks to me while it's happening while my husband just waits to see how long it will take before my eyes roll up into my head and the nurse has to freak out.  I was really concerned about the possibility of passing out or puking already without the needle so once we got into the room I was near panic.  I always tell my nurses so they don't fight me on letting me use the recliner and it's a nice way to hint that if you don't know what the hell you're doing, get another nurse... NOW.  She was nice and had been drawing blood for 22 years.  Unfortunately for me, she talked about acupuncture, needles and finding a "juicy" vein the entire time before she stuck me.  I was basically all ready to be awoken any minute from smelling salts.  Once she was ready to stick me however, common sense must have kicked in and she started asking questions about (directed at me) how old Jasmine was, etc.  The best way to keep me from passing out is make me talk about something, otherwise I'm quietly freaking out.  At any rate, I didn't pass out but still left feeling like crap.  I checked my messages as soon as I got home from the kittens vet appointment and saw my doctor had called.  They only call if there's something wrong with your results.  I was happy to hear this.  To me, this signaled a possibility that they could give me something and make all the nasty go away.  However, the nurse told me my protein was low and I needed to eat more.  Oooookay and how am I supposed to do that when I'm puking?  If I keep feeling awful, I'll just call my regular OB-GYN and he will do everything in his power to fix it.  Any problems I've had in the past, he's done his best to make them go bye-bye.  And it helps that he seems to walk on egg shells around the pregnant.  ;)

Onto the kitties.  I spent the evening trying to keep from finding ways to get out of taking them today.  I hadn't had much sleep at all and knew I wouldn't get much before I had to get up.  I was there early although, I wish I would've just arrived on time since it seemed to take forever to get to a room.  And of course, it was one of those days where every other client wants to strike up a conversation with you, no matter the death rays you're shooting from your blood shot eyes.  They gave me an astounding amount of medication for four small kittens.  (none of them weigh over 2.4 lbs and that's the biggest one of the bunch) Jasmine tried to help me dose everyone today but she ended up getting scratched so I think she'll leave it to me next time.  I really hope this takes care of everything with them so I can have them fixed and up for a adoption.  Right now they aren't even picture worthy so we can't put them on the website.  (they have the goopy eyes and noses)  What I'd really like to be rid of however is one of these foster dogs.  I really dislike having two at a time.  You wouldn't think that two extra dogs would add that much stress but it does when you already have seven of your own.  I think Doodle should wear the money vest next weekend at our adoption event.  Maybe it will get her some more interest.  Although, I dislike Monty way more than Doodle.  I have no idea why but most of the time I feel like footballing the dog across the yard.  Maybe it's the male hating thing again.  ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being pregnant is not fun.  I hope things smooth out for you soon.  I know how you feel about not wanting to go to the vet.  Also about footballing dogs.  :)  Linda

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie,
I can't relate to what you're going through ... sounds horrible and I hope these symptoms go away soon.
Best,
Marty

Anonymous said...

You are making me happier by the entry I never subjected myself to the "beauty" of pregnancy!!  Awww....footballing Monty...but he sooooooooooo cute!
xx
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I used to be afraid of needles, now I just let them do it. I used to look away, but now I dont even do that. I dont know what changed about it all, I guess I just gave up...lol. I noticed all the moods too, so many! I sure do hope your nausea eases up soon, the dizziness too. Please get some rest. Do what you have to, but get some good rest. Hugs, Kelly