Monday, May 5, 2008

Buh-Buh-Buh Benny and the Jets... sorry it's stuck in my head

I've really become addicted to scrapbooking and I haven't even started!  I was originally only going to do my foster animals.  (let's face it, after a while, I'm going to manage to forget SOMEONE)  Now I think I'll do some family ones as well.  I was thinking one of me and Shawn as we met, got engaged, had a kid, got married.  And then Jasmine growing up.  And of course, I have a ton of my person animals, past and present.  I could spend a ridiculous amount of time in Hobby Lobby just looking.  I always thought people who scrapbooked where boring.  It's fun and creative.  It also creates memories in a way that you can't do in a regular photo album.  Yes, I'm in scrapbook love.

Apparently, we have a male cat visiting us occasionally.  When we came home this evening, we noticed a very strong cat urine smell at the front door.  I thought that was odd but it didn't immediately occur to me that it could be a stray or a neighborhood cat though.  I don't leave food out for strays because we're not really in an area where there are many and I don't have any outdoor cats that aren't confined.  I mentioned the smell to my husband and he said he'd noticed it too.  I went outside with a flashlight as it was dark by now and found that something has been living under our porch.  The bottom is enclosed so something had to dig under.  It's obviously not something large but it has been there since the last rain.  My husband swears he heard a cat meowing while he was outside but again, I do have cats that are outside and they meow... loudly.  I left some food out to see if it eats anything.  I'm curious as to why it's at my house.  I have no unfixed cats so he's not here for a girlfriend.  He also sprayed my front door which I'm not real pleased about but it was obviously the first time.  I'm wondering if there's a smell that I can put on the door or by it that would deter that behavior.  Now if he comes and eats.... I will probably continue to feed him as well as trap him and have his cajones removed... promptly.  Several vets in our area do ferals at a very low price.  It's still strange that he's hanging around.  My husband said how do you know it's a boy?  Well, girls don't spray dummy. 

I bought two plants today.  One is a hibiscus with beautiful rich red flowers.  I couldn't leave without that tree.  I swear it was like that flower spoke to me and I had to have it.  I also got a flowering vine that is very pretty but I can't recall a the moment what it's called.  The hibiscus has a really strong smell to it.  Something I never noticed with my other one.  Although the flowers on the new one are much larger than the one I have in my back yard.  I'll have to get pictures before that flower closes up.  I hope I don't manage to kill it, although my thumb has turned noticeably greener this year compared to last.  I managed to grow catnip this year, as well as snapdragons.  Both of which I have tried the last two years in a row and got nothing.  I have about two hundred morning glory seeds that already have roots and I haven't even gotten them planted yet.  I'm going to cover most of the cat house with them this year. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love hibiscus too.  If it is a tropical bring it indoors in the winter if you get frost there.  I had one for several years and you just trim it down if it gets to big.  Also while they are little you can try shaping them to grow upward.  Mine was sprawled all over and took up alot of room.  Don't worry if the leaves fall off, just keep watering it and feeding it and it will come back!  Mine would loose leaves in the winter.  Maybe the cat is coming around because he senses the other cats.  Linda

Anonymous said...

I did a few scrapbooks and of course went overboard in buying everything needed to do it!!  I have a huge collection on tools, storage units, paper & all kinds of embellishments.  I really like it but finding the time to do it is another story.  
xxx
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I have been wanting to start a scrapbook of my chickens and the poultry shows and whatnot. I just havent gotten there yet. I look at albums to start, but havent gotten one yet. I have a friend that is really into it and her and her daughter have a good time doing it. They do some pretty impressive scrapbooking! I hope you catch the feral cat and get him fixed up. I love snapdragons, they are so pretty. Kelly

Anonymous said...

There is another way to scrapbook without paying for alot of materials. If your computer savvy you can do digital scrap booking, which is pretty much the same concept. You learn to use templates and put your pictures in. Quite a few sites on-line give away free things to use in the digital prints. This way things stayed stored in your computer and not around the house. You can however print out the results when your done.

I've been through the aisles at Michael's and know exactly what your talking about. It's Nirvana. I don't do scrapbooks, but collect all kinds of stuff to add to handwritten letters I write. (Why yes, I do still write snail letters - it gives you a personal touch to those friends you might not be able to meet otherwise)...(Hugs) Indigo