Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Plus four, minus six

I have yet another set of kittens.  My others have gone to another foster, as I will not be able to attend this weekends adoption event.  (reason you ask?  I don't feel like it.)  There was an issue over the weekend.  I found out they had to be spayed/neutered on Monday... about 16 hours before the appointment.  I obviously didn't make said appointment or I would've been aware way in advance.  I was very annoyed that I had to drive out to the middle of the ghetto at 11pm to drop said kittens off at the other fosters house.  (because let's face it, there's no way my ass is getting out of bed at 8am)  The next day I went and picked up four, six week old kittens.  One of which has an eye infection.  I think it's almost cleared up though.  I may be able to stop the medication tomorrow if I'm lucky.  They are a little less socialized than the last group and less tolerant of a two year old carrying them around.  My daughter has more scratches on her now than when she first learned to walk.  You would think she would learn and leave them alone but she just moves on to another kitten.  We have two females and two males.  I originally thought they were all males.  (I hadn't "looked" yet, was just guessing)  They're not the most striking kittens I've ever seen but hopefully they're inner cuteness will win people over.  Three are gray and white and one is a buff orange and white.  I've only gotten them to purr once when petting them. 

My husband has been complaining at length that my ferrets are bothering his allergies.  I thought this was strange since I've had them since December and he's only now having problems.  Well, it turns out they are loosing their fur at a rapid rate.  Rabbits do the same thing once a year or every two years.  I had forgotten about this little phenomenon in ferrets though.  Thankfully, it won't be long before their a little more naked and there's a lot less fur.  I was worried I would have to move their cage to another room.  Because frankly, there's not a whole lot of rooms left. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sure do have your hands full. You may not have chickens, pigs, horses, and such like a farm, but you have your own kind of commitment that is so similar to caring for a farm.  You are working so hard for these animals, dont forget to take care of yourself now okay? Hugs, Kelly

Anonymous said...

You are doing great with those baby kittens!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Good luck with new kittens...I hope the eye infection clears up.
xx
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie,
Oh no ... I hope your husband's allergies clear up soon.  I hear ferrets are great pets.
Best,
Marty