Thursday, May 15, 2008

I can't keep a secret

I have been flip flopping back and forth on whether or not to blog about this so soon.  I worry about jinxing myself.  I'm a little on the, crap I can't think of the word... damn brain.  Superstitious!  There we go.  Anyways, I am between 4 and 6 weeks pregnant.  We hadn't been trying very long so I didn't think it would be till summer when I was writing this blog.  I had almost immediate morning sickness, dizziness, bloating, and stupid brain since it was possible.  I am going off my prescription pills in the next two weeks.  (it's a slower process what with withdrawals and whatnot)  I pretty much feel like I have the flu.  I haven't told many "friends" or acquaintances.  Some family members (who don't have this blog addy) don't even know and I plan to keep it that way for a while.  They drove me bat shit with the last pregnancy.  If I am scatterbrained for the next eight or so months, you now know why.  I had a doctor's appointment with my regular md (my insurance requires proof of pregnancy and referral BEFORE I can see my ob-gyn) and had another (the third) positive test.  He also told me that the severe tingling in my finger from the rat bite is because he bit through a nerve.  I actually said under my breath, that son of a bitch.  Which got a chuckle out of my doctor.  Anyways, here we are and I'm sure I will bitch, whine, piss and moan for the next several months at the very least because I am frickin' uncomfortable already.  And I have a superhero's sense of smell.  Which makes morning sickness that much worse.  All litter boxes much be kept super clean or I want to vomit.  I've been doing the kittens box twice a day and it's in an enclosed room but I swear I can still smell it.  (and yes I know all the risks with litter boxes and pregnancy)  No one at work knows yet.  Honestly, I don't know how much I trust these people yet.  I'm just not ready to tell them.  Plus, there's always the chance this early that something could happen. 

I planted some of my pumpkins today.  I'm not sure how but I only ended up planting two seeds of orange and six seeds of white.  Now I have to decide whether I want to plant more orange or not.  I also planted a few morning glories.  I have TONS of those to go but their mostly for the backyard by the cat house.  I've decided where I'm going to plant my zinnia's.  I love them but they're really tall and difficult to find a good place for.  I decided to plant them around a very large tree in our yard.  I have a ton of them as well in many color varieties.  I've succeeded in at least getting carrots to start to grow.  Now we'll have to see if they make it.  I also have quite a few cucumbers ready to plant.  I don't know what I'll do with all those cucumbers.  They were actually meant for the snails.  (I know I'm ridiculous)  And I have more sunflowers than I know what to do with.  I think they're really pretty but again, not an easy flower to find a place for.  Especially with all the dogs trying to run down everything I put in the backyard. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOOOO!  Congratulations!  I can't wait to read 8 months of bitching and moaning!  I'll feel like I'm going right along for the ride with you!  I'm so happy!  Wear gloves when cleaning the cat boxes.  Get a mask from the drug store and dab a little perfume or something in it.  I've got some zucchini and squash babies with no home.  Wondering about containers.  Linda

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!  I wouldn't have thought you to be superstitious!  I love zinnias and sunflowers, especially the giant sunflowers.  Every time I put any kind of pumpkin or veggies in the ground the deer eat them so I am doing a few small container veggies this year.  They'll probably be eaten by the racoons & groundhogs but oh wel, they need to eat too!
xxx
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie
CONGRATULATIONS!
Best,
Marty