Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Six more

I am now fostering six, nine week old kittens.  There are four females, all some variation of calico, and two males.  One of the males is extremely skittish and takes some times before he is willing to come out of hiding.  I love having kittens but Jasmine won't put them down.  Whenever their out of their room, she is always holding at least one of them.  I've only named two of them.  One of the males I'm calling Steel and one of the females (my favorite) I'm calling Pickles.  I don't go looking for names, they either come to me, or they don't and these two names, fit these two cats. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet they are cute!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Ahh the feline version of my Pickles. I always said Pickles earned her name for her pickled attitude. Lively bunch at that age aren't they? The 4 older kittens I have are all blk, except one of them which I call Mini Jack (Her mom's name is Jackie, short for Jack in the Box as she used to pop up out of the weirdest places)...Mine Jack has a white face and chest the rest of her is blk. she truly looks like a miniture version of her mom. Those 4 will be going to another foster in the next week or so, getting them ready for adoption. I'm getting that mother fixed this weekend. Keeping my fingers crossed I can catch her in time.

The other mother I have had 6 calico's. None of them look like her at all, she's a grey tiger. The 6 are only about 3 weeks old and are already moving around. One has her eyes open...Sigh, I love taking care of them but at the moment my hands are definitely full. I'm looking forward to fostering kittens that are not quite so young.(Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Wow you are going to have your hands full. I know you enjoy what you do though. Some folks will often ask me why do I have so many animals...I just shrug and say, because I want to, because I love them, and I get plenty of that love back, and it feels good! Hugs, Kelly