Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Du-Dum... Du-Dum... oh wait that's Jaws not Jurasic park

My husband has been working 13 hour days recently and it's really starting to aggravate me.  (volunteered overtime)  Not because I need help with Jasmine or that I'm pregnant or even that I miss him so much that I can't stand to be away from him for a few extra hours.  No, it's because, damnit I'm hungry.  If I wait for him to have dinner, I'll be waiting till at least 7pm.  My tummy just can't go that long.  And then if I have dinner without him, I have to make something just for me and Jas which isn't an easy task.  It would also be meatless because I don't handle meat.  That's left up to my husband.  I could always go out and get something to eat but then I feel guilty because after working 13 hours, my husband has to fend for himself completely.  Plus, it kind of sucks going out on your own.  (although I've done it on several occasions)  On top of everything, we haven't went to the grocery store yet this week so anything I make, I have to go out and buy first.  Sheesh, what kind of life is that?  I have to go OUT and get the food then MAKE the food?  (for those who can't hear that, it's sarcasm)  I'm currently eating a rare delicacy in my house.  A grilled cheese.  Oh yes, laugh if you must but it is a rare day that we have cheese, bread and butter in the house all at the same time.  Usually because we don't buy much bread.  It somehow makes the grilled cheese less of a kids food and more of a nice snack.  Although, in order to eat an entire one on my own, I have to do it when the kid is asleep.  (yes even if I make her one first... I have an electric stove so by the time I'm done cooking MINE, she's already eaten hers)  Another thing that's annoying me lately, I can only eat in small amounts.  It's as if suddenly two or three slices of pizza is a huge amount.  (this coming from a girl that can normally easily eat an entire pizza all on her own)  I made lasagne (one of my favorite foods) at my mom's last week and was only able to have one piece.  It did not make for a happy preggasaurus rex.  (a nickname husband gave me with the last pregnancy, this one has been shortened as well to P. Rex) 

There has been a strange noise coming from the basement since yesterday in the early morning.  It's kind of like a whirling sound.  I hate the basement and avoid it at all costs.  A part of me was waiting to see how long it would not only take husband to notice the sound but then to go forth and find out what was making it.  However, it is driving me absolutely bat shit so I think I'll have to alert him to it when he gets home tonight.  I think it has something to do with the A/C.  The last time there was a noise downstairs (and I had to bitch, piss, whine and moan to get husband to check it out) there was a TON of water gushing out of one of our pipes.  I wanted to act like a child, sticking my finger in his face saying I told you so, told you so, told you so.  ;)  I restrained myself.  Well I'm going to eat my second grilled cheese and try to get to sleep.  The restless leg syndrome has kicked in early with this pregnancy... go figure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell your hubby no more overtime!  You need him at home!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Doc never gets home to eat before 8:30 at night. I hate eating late. The first 3 years living with him I managed to begrudingly live with it. Now I simply make our meal earlier in the day and reheat his food when he gets home. That way I'm not making several meals just for the two of us. I tend to eat grilled cheese with sliced tomatoes on it.(Hugs) Indigo