Sunday, June 15, 2008

Oh Hell

I am so exhausted.  The last few days have felt like I'm trying to walk through water.  It's difficult to do even the simplest tasks.  I was going to blog earlier but the idea of pulling out the laptop and typing on it was draining.  I know it sounds ridiculous but it's a fairly normal thing with pregnancy. 

I had to run to petsmart today to get dog food for Doodle.  I heard the warnings on the radio before I got there and knew the storm was supposed to be heading my way but I thought there was a chance that I could get out before it hit.  I had been in waiting to get the food (I don't buy my own for my fosters, it's paid for by the organization) and I was headed back to the cat area when I heard a strange noise.  It sounded like a single rock hit the ceiling and within a split second there was hundreds upon hundreds of rocks.  It was hailing.  Everyone headed to the front of the store to see how bad it was.  The trees in the parking lot were laying almost on the ground from the winds.  The hail was from the size of a quarter to the size of a tennis ball.  And everyone was thinking the same thing.  Oh god, my car.  Once the hailing stopped, many people went out to look even though it was pouring.  I stayed inside and waited on my food.  Eventually I got suckered into helping clean the cat area since no one else was going to bother helping one of the girls.  It wasn't easy considering I had Jasmine with me and you have to spray the insides of the cages, tops, bottoms, sides and the bars.  Everything has to be thoroughly cleaned for the next group who will be using the area.  Finally, we finished and by then the rain had long ago ended.  I held my breath as I walked out to my car.  I knew some in the parking lot had lost their windshields to this storm.  My god.  There are huge craters in my hood, roof and the back of my car.  There are even dents on the sides of the car.  It's pretty bad.  My insurance will be getting the call tomorrow.  *sigh*  Its the third claim on this car in as many months.  First one was for a broken windshield from a rock another car kicked up, second one was from a crater of a potholeand now this.  Say hello higher premium.  No way am I leaving my car in this state though.  It needs paint it's so badly damaged.  I'm sure the hood is a total loss and will need to be completely replaced.  I'm just glad I wasn't driving in it.  I would've just stopped and not moved.  It would've been impossible to safely drive a car in that storm.  Once again, I will be with rental car for a while.  I just hope they don't try and stick me with a tin can.  The only reason we got the SUV the last time was because husband said no way we could drive that thing they were offering.  It's just one thing after another. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My gosh, sorry to hear about your car, sounds nasty.
xx
Lisa