Friday, June 6, 2008

Seeing Red

You know, once and a while it would be nice if I didn't have to always be the responsible parent.  I am so sick and tired of my husband having something better to do than be here.  At the moment he's too busy to come home because HIS friend's boat needs to be worked on.  You know, I don't give two craps if his house is on fire right this very moment.  It would be nice if we were a priority once and a while.  My daughter's birthday is on Tuesday and my husband hasn't been home enough for us to even discuss what we're getting her or when we're giving it to her.  So forgive me if I thought maybe you should come home for once so we could go get something for her.  But then he's not the one that has to wrap everything at the last minute as well and make her a cake.  Quite frankly, the only damn thing he does is go to work.  There's more to being a father and a husband than a paycheck.  For the longest time, I didn't even say anything to him because it was like, no matter what I say, he's just going to do it again so why waste my breath?  But I've had it.  After a while, you can only hold things in so long before you lose it and I'm at that point.  This is I don't even know how many weekends in a row that he's spent with his friends instead of at home.  Oh, he was home last weekend but the entire time he seemed like it was an inconvenience to him.  So, I will be going to get her stuff by myself as usual.  I will choose her cake and presents by myself, as usual. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you are having trouble with your husband.  I know how you feel, I had everything dumped in my lap when I was with my daughter's father and he actually told the judge that HE was the more responsible parent!  Linda

Anonymous said...

I did it for 9 years with Skye, along with working 50-60 hour weeks for his parents. In the end the one who suffered was Skye, I divorced him and she is left forever trying to get her father to acknowledge her and be there for her. It saddens me to no end. Thankfully now she has a husband who loves her unconditionally. I'm so sorry your husband has his priorities screwed up. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie,
Sure sounds frustrating.  I wonder whether your husband reads your blog ...
Best,
Marty

Anonymous said...

Men = selfish.
xx
Lisa