Wednesday, June 18, 2008

In search of a snack

I'm hungry.  I think one of the worst things (aside from grocery shopping) you can do to yourself is look at recipes.  I found a brownie recipe that I would kill to be eating right now.  I got like this last night and found out quite quickly that my can opener was broken.  Being eco friendly, I went without an electric.  My second mistake was that I allowed my husband to buy the thing.  It hasn't even been a year since we bought it.  It just won't grip the can anymore.  I ended up bending it far enough that I was able to make quite a few large gashes into the can and then I used a piece of metal to bend the lid out and break it enough to get my frickin soup out.  You just don't mess with a hungry pregnant woman.  You just don't.  I was going to make me and Jasmine chocolate shakes but she drank the last of our milk a few hours ago.  Stingy toddler.  Oooh, I just remembered, we have chocolate that I bought due to Jasmine's insistence that we needed some.  Mmmm, chocolate.

The reason for my last post was the usual, money or the lacking of it.  The bills keep piling up and there's just nothing there to pay them with.  I don't know why I bothered voicing my concerns to my husband because I basically got there's nothing we can do about it right now.  You know they always say money can't buy happiness but I think it sure can't help to have it.  I just don't want to be living week to week for the rest of my life.  And what's really ridiculous, my husband has one of the best jobs you can get in this area without having a college degree.  I can't imagine where we'd be if he didn't.  We'd probably still be living with my mom.  Which, doesn't sound bad as long as I'm out from under this house payment.  I keep thinking if we hadn't been in such a rush (excitement) to get a house, we could've stayed at my mom's for a while and put a lot of money in savings.  We'd be in a far better place.  Now I don't know if we'll ever have money in savings.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie, just getting back into the grind now due to a pain in the ass computer, that even after a week of tech hell...still isn't worth a damn. Money down the drain in my opinion...UgHH....

I'm here now, I craved Kiwi's with Skye. My ex used to laugh because he would buy entire flats of them. As for the house payment...I'm trying to crawl out from under my own now. Keep your chin up hon. I'm listening! (hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean, I have tons of recipe books and I hate to open them because everything looks so good, then I make it ,
eat it and spend days worrying about how fat I am.  I just gave up at the Rose festival,
and ate whatever I wanted,  ice cream,
and these deep fried green apples. Yummy.

I know what you mean about bills, and
that is sad that your husband has a great job and you still have money problems.
I bet you have a nice home though, see I don't. I live in a little house , my couch
is old as the hills, the cats have clawed
the stuffing out of it,  and my husbands
a janitor .  Those bills are depressing,
you wonder how they got so high and what
did you spend the money on .  I know I do .
The prices of food and things is terrible.

We were going to buy a home, I am glad
we didn't .

Liked reading your blog ...

Maria

Anonymous said...

LOL, stingy toddler...I knew there was a reason I've never wanted kids!!!  Sorry you are feeling you are in such a bind with your finances and house.
xx
Lisa