Monday, June 30, 2008

This N That

Went to the drive-in movies on Saturday night with my mom, Jasmine and hubby.  We saw Wall-E and the Hulk.  I really wanted to see the new Angelina Jolie movie but there wasn't anything Jasmine would've enjoyed on that screen.  She seemed more interested in climbing through the car than watching the movies but after Wall-E ended, she asked if we could watch it again and then was calling out Wall-E out the window.  She stayed awake through both features and we didn't get out of there till around 1:30am.  My husband on the other hand passed out halfway through Hulk.  Wimp.  Both movies were good.  Wall-E was cute but had very few words in it.  Apparently robots aren't so good with the english.  Hulk was surprisingly good, considering I'm not a fan of the comic book movies.  I just don't really get into them. 

Sunday, Jasmine continued on with her no diapers, only underwear.  We skipped Saturday since we were out all day and not close to bathrooms.  She didn't have any accidents again and even went poop!  I know, some of you are like TMI but I hear that's the hardest thing to get them to do on the potty and she did it on her own, without begging and pleading from her parents.  I do need to start taking her potty thing to my mom's before she falls into their toilet over there.  We lit off a few sparklers that we bought Saturday.  She's been begging to see fireworks ever since we bought our load for 4th of July.  Those things sure do make me nervous.  I had my hand on her elbow the entire time, making sure she didn't suddenly decide to get a closer look at the flames or anything.  She has a total of 252 sparklers.  They were buy one get one free and I bought the smallest package they had.  The kid is going to be lighting sparklers till NEXT 4th of July. 

I have a canker sore in the worst spot right now.  I hardly ever get these things but when I do they always position themselves in places that are impossible not to irritate.  This one is almost on my lip and it's constantly rubbing on my lower canine.  Oral gel only seems to last five minutes and then it seems to numb all the wrong areas of my mouth.  Other than that I've been feeling pretty good the last few days.  Hopefully the closer I get to the second trimester, the better I'll feel as far as everything else goes.  Speaking of being pregnant, I have my first doctor's appointment this Wednesday.  Not too much to be excited about.  Pee in a cup, have places viewed and scraped that should just be left alone and then hear the heartbeat.  I've already heard the heartbeat so there's not much anticipation for me on this one.  The next thing to wait for is the ultrasound that will hopefully say boy or girl, although I'm pretty positive that I know what it is and most of those around me are very aware of what I think it is so I'll feel like an ass if I'm wrong. 

For all you other bloggers that I'm a regular at, I haven't stopped reading, I swear.  I've just been awful about commenting.  It seems like I'll comment a lot one night and then I'm silent for weeks but I'm keeping up on your lives and happenings, I'm just a bit lazy right now apparently. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your pregnant your allowed to be lazy (winks)...Yay, Jasmine - I think I did a happy dance the first time Skye went poop on her own. The kid in me wants to see Wall-E. I'm not a huge fan of comic book movie's either, they never seem to live up to the image. I'm going to see if I can talk Doc into getting some sparklers. We can't do fireworks but again the kid in me wants to...why not I'm not acting my age lately. Then again you wouldn't know I'm turning 43 tomorrow the way I act anyway. (Hugs)Indigo