Monday, March 10, 2008

Another Day, a few more dollars

The fundraiser went pretty well today.  I don't know how much we made but several of the girls had their entire office in for lunch.  (it was what's called a give back at a local restaurant... you eat, then the organization gets a percentage of what you spent donated to them from your bill)  I was there with my mom, Jasmine and Shawn for almost three hours.  The waitress s.u.c.k.e.d. 

I'm taking Princess to the vet tomorrow.  She's been vomiting a few times a day since we brought her home and last night she vomited a small amount of blood so today I got permission to take her in.  Hopefully it's just something simple because if she's sick, she can be up for adoption and I'll have to keep her longer.  Today she was a little calmer than most days.  I left her out most of the day (which is where she is most comfortable) so by the time she came in, she was tired.  We got in four standard size poodles today.  I'm not a big fan of any poodle but these four are adorable.  I told my director on the spot that I'd take two if she took Princess.  haha  They were kept in a chicken coup from our understanding.  They are all ten months old, three black and one brown, two males, two females.  The females look like they were cared for a little better but they all stink and the females are also a lot more hand shy than the males.  These are definitely pure breed dogs so don't even think that just because it's pure breed, doesn't mean it won't end up in a shelter.  I'm not sure of the specifics as to how we got these dogs but it was some how through the large Best Friends Sanctuary that they came here.  I'm pretty sure there were more than just the four because there were two other organizations that were supposed to take some to be fostered.  I'm sure once their vetted and their health is cleared that we won't have them after a few adoption events.  People will melt for them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sad they were kept in a chicken coup and are dirty ~ they are beautiful dogs from the sound of it.  I love Best Friends and support them as much as I can ~ I think they are wonderful and if I ever hit the lottery there will be another Best Friends right here in PA ~ mine!!  I'm happy to hear the fundraiser went well.  Applause ~ applause for the help you our giving our furry friends!!!
xxx
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie,
I have a friend with some standard poodles ... they're incredibly smart but also a real handful (i.e. sometimes too smart!).
Best,
Marty